Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The Tuesday Platform

Hello poets and poetry lovers! As of yesterday, my college sweetheart and I have been married 23 years. We bonded over a love of coffee (yes, before I started studying traditional Japanese tea ceremony I was an avid coffee drinker - my dark roasted secret is out). We met at our college's medieval reenactment society, appropriately called That Medieval Thing and further bonded over our enjoyment of classic golden age Hollywood movies. He introduced me to The Quiet Man with John Wayne, and 1935's Zorro.



We are both also huge fans of Golden Age cartoon shorts, especially Looney Tunes. I was the one who talked his ear off about different animators, and the Man of 1000 Voices, Mel Blanc.



Do you have an interest you bonded over with a beloved? Is there an interest any potential lovers must have if they're going to last longer than an evening? Feel free to write about that, or whatever else hits your fancy (new or old is fine). Don't forget to see what your fellow poets have created this week. If you like something, don't keep it to yourself. Conversation and constructive feedback in the comments section is always welcome.


11 comments:

Vivian Zems said...

Hi Rommy, happy Tuesday! I hope I haven't lowered the mood with my dark poem. It's just that I lost a distant family member recently and I'm working through it....carefully.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Yayy! Happy Anniversary, Rommy!💞 Yours is a sweet and incredibly romantic story. Wishing you lots of happiness on your special day. Hm.. I have just the perfect poem to share on the platform today! Happy Tuesday everyone!💞

Jim said...

Congratulations, Rommy!!! Thanks for sharing. Mrs. Jim and I definitely bonded, weve been married 45 years. It was probaby partly over College Football, she was an LSU alum and I a University of Nebraska type. She also liked Manned Space endeavors and I was an Aerospace Engineer at the NASA Johnson Manned Space Center.
..

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Happy Anniversary from me too Rommy! Me and hubs will have been married for 45 years end of next month - where does the time go?
Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday!
Anna :o]

Gillena Cox said...

How WONDEFUL!!! for you and hubby HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Rommy

much love.

brudberg said...

Happy anniversary... I linked a poem I wrote for yesterday.

Kerry O'Connor said...

What a lovely story, Rommy. Thanks for sharing.
I am having a problem seeing the Mr Linky widget again but from comments it seems others can use it. So many bugs on websites since all the 'updates' came into effect.

Carrie Van Horn said...

Happy anniversary Rommy!

Namratha said...

Happy anniversary Rommy! My husband and I bonded over our mutual love for books and children, definitely in that order!

tonispencer said...

A very happy anniversary and another 23 years ahead. I have linked an old linked haibun. My husband and I bonded together with our mutual love of science fiction, comics, food, and ballroom dance. We are old folks but have only been married 17 years.

Frank J. Tassone said...

Evening, Toads! Happy belated Anniversary, Rommy!