Thursday, October 18, 2018

Get Listed: October Edition

Source

Colors burst in wild explosions
Fiery, flaming shades of fall
All in accord with my pounding heart
Behold the autumn-weaver
In bronze and yellow dying
Colors unfold into dreams
In hordes of a thousand and one
The bleeding
Unwearing their masks to the last notes of summer
Their flutes and horns in nightly swarming
Colors burst within
Spare me those unending fires
Bestowed upon the flaming shades of fall."
Dark Tranquility, With the Flaming Shades of Fall  


Greetings poets, wayfarers and friends, as Autumn sets in I am reminded of the album Skydancer which is the debut studio album by Swedish melodic death metal band, Dark Tranquility. "With the Flaming Shades of Fall" is a particular favorite of mine. There is something incredibly distinct and nostalgic about the way this season carries the human spirit forward as we welcome change and prepare to start afresh with a clean slate.

For this "Get Listed" edition, I want you guys to come up with your own brief creation. Please keep your poem under 150 words. Choose any four words that fit best with the mood/theme/personality of your poem on a topic of your choice.
  • lucid                    fiery                  twilight               silhouette                     despair
  • touch                   plunge                frost                   goldcrest                      wind
  • sleep                   colour                 aspect                murmuring                   coffee
  • gravel                  leaf                    october                branch                          notes

Good luck sketching, honing, and naming your masterpiece. I look forward to what you guys come up with. Please do visit others and remember to comment on their poems. Have fun!🍁

20 comments:

brudberg said...

Oh... I will try to write on this a bit later... lists are so fun.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Aren’t they? 😊 Looking forward to your poem! Happy Thursday, Bjorn πŸ’ž☕️

tonispencer said...

Thanks for the words Sanaa. I have posted my poem.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Thank you Toni 😊 heading over to read you πŸ’ž☕️

peterfrankiswrites.wordpress.com said...

thanks so much for this excellent post. I've added my four words - and look forward to having a read later (when it's cooler).

Kerry O'Connor said...

Your lists are irresistible, Sanaa. I am sure to find inspiration here for my weekly 55 word writing exercise.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Thank you so much for joining us, Peter πŸ’ž☕️

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Awww gosh!πŸ’ž Thank you so much, Kerry 😊 so glad you liked it!πŸ’ž

brudberg said...

I did write me poem here... the sestina I wrote yesterday had almost 4 of the words (depending how you count) but it had too many words :-)

Wrote a new 55 instead for October.

Linda Lee Lyberg said...

Joining in this morning!Love the list...

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Bjorn; Thank you so much, I loved both your poems!πŸ’ž☕️

@Linda; Thank you, heading over to read you!πŸ’ž☕️

Cressida de Nova said...

Good wordle ! Used all the words. Thanks for a great prompt.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Cressida; Thank you so much, Cressida 😊 heading over to read youπŸ’ž☕

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I am so overwhelmed with joy by the responses to this month's Get Listed!πŸ˜ƒ Thank you so much everyone!πŸ’–

Jim said...

I like writing for "get listed". You picked some really good words for poems. Thank you, Sanaa.
..

Margaret said...

A poem that needed writing and I struggled with the how. Your word list gave me that "how"!! Thank you.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I am very late with my entry.. and also for Marian's weekend challenge, so I will link this up again on Tuesday Platform.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Jim; Thank you for joining us πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ž☕️

@Margaret; Thank you, so glad you liked the prompt πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ž☕️

@Kerry; Thank you, I absolutely loved your poem! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ž☕️

Varadharajan said...

First attempt at get listed. Loved the words up for choosing. Could have gone in any direction with four picked at random (did so :) )

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Thank you so much for joining us, Varad πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ž☕