Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Tuesday Platform

William Allingham (1821 - 1889)
                                                       
 A Day-Dream's Reflection 

Chequer'd with woven shadows as I lay
Among the grass, blinking the watery gleam,
I saw an Echo-Spirit in his bay
Most idly floating in the noontide beam.
Slow heaved his filmy skiff, and fell, with sway
Of ocean's giant pulsing, and the Dream,
Buoyed like the young moon on a level stream
Of greenish vapour at decline of day,
Swam airily, watching the distant flocks
Of sea-gulls, whilst a foot in careless sweep
Touched the clear-trembling cool with tiny shocks,
Faint-circling; till at last he dropt asleep,
Lull'd by the hush-song of the glittering deep,
Lap-lapping drowsily the heated rocks


Welcome to another Tuesday of sharing! This is where you can poem any thoughts or ideas for our eager eyes and ears. Please share a piece of your choice and don't forget to read and comment on the writings of your fellow scribes. I look forward to reading you and wish you all a wonderful day! 

17 comments:

Yvonne Osborne said...

Can I link a blog post I wrote a month ago? Falling behind in the things that matter.

Vivian Zems said...

Hi Yvonne! Yes, of course- you can link it. Glad to have you on board.

Vivian Zems said...

Hello everyone! A happy Tuesday to you all! I’m going to be back and forth throughout the day reading your lovely pieces.

annell4 said...

My blog won't allow me to post? Maybe later....

Kerry O'Connor said...

I have no time to write new material.. this is the month from hell in the school calendar, so I'm sharing the 55 i wrote for my daughter's birthday last week. Thanks to those who have already commented.. I'm revisiting the page today for the first time this week.

Vivian Zems said...

No worries 😉 Take your time.

Vivian Zems said...

Always a pleasure to re-read your work. I noted that it had so many beautiful layers to it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting Viv :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and week ...

Jim said...

Hope all is well with the Toads and Guests today. I'm fine, Mrs. Jim is here recuperating from a Bunionectomy she had done last Wednesday. My cooking? I make hot dogs and warm up other food pretty well. Eggs and grits are my specialty.
Today I have "an unusual Fish Story, true I say" ditty for reading.

Thank you, Vivian, for hosting.
..

Carrie Van Horn said...

Glad to have made it here today. :-)

Vivian Zems said...

Glad to see you all. It's always an honour to have so many poems on my plate....I'm loving it!

brudberg said...

Late to the party... will make my rounds before going to bed.

Kim M. Russell said...

I'm late to read and comment - hope I can get it done before I have to leave the house this morning.

Marian said...

Hello, beautiful people

Vivian Zems said...

Thanks to everyone who took part yesterday. I really gorged myself of a lot of excellent material. Have a great week!

Frank J. Tassone said...

Evening, Toads! Thanks, Vivian! :)

Pat R said...

Hi Vivian,

Joining in late, my first time. Looking forward to reading😊

Pat R