Saturday, December 3, 2011

I challenge you ...



Our round-robin of Member Interviews enjoys on-going success here at Real Toads. With this in mind, I have been working on a new idea: personal challenges between members.  It will work in a way similar to the interviews, in that a member will challenge another member with a particular theme, prompt, picture, form or whatever takes your fancy. 

The challenge will be made behind the scenes, but the end result will be featured on the Real Toads Home Page in either the Tuesday or Saturday slot.  The poets may also choose to post their pieces on their own blogs or provide links back to Real Toads.  In this way, our members will have an opportunity to showcase their work in our open forum.

Guidelines:

  • Contact the member of your choice via e-mail and propose a challenge.
  • Allow the member to discuss your proposal with you, until you have reached a consensus.
  • Offer your support behind the scenes, if so requested.

Getting Started:

As with the interviews, I will make the first challenge to get the idea off the ground. Thereafter, the person whom I challenge will challenge a member of his or her choice, and so on until the last member on the list challenges me.  In this way, everyone will get a turn to both challenge and be challenged.  Please note that in the first six months of Real Toads’ existence, the member list has undergone some change. This site is experimental in nature, and some people have found that they do not have the time to remain active members and thus have opted to participate as followers instead.  I hope that a definitive list will eventually emerge. 

Please leave your thoughts about this idea in the comment box.

8 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Kewl. :-)

Kerry O'Connor said...

I'm glad you like the idea, Shay, because I'm challenging YOU!
Hahaha!

Fireblossom said...

Kerry! You little rat, lol.

Lolamouse said...

Fireblossom can write poems about ANYTHING! I know, she's done it before. I have the result hanging on my wall!

Marian said...

i always love a personal challenge. bring 'em on!
we could devise some crazy thing where every week everyone is challenging somebody and receiving a challenge. THAT WOULD BE FUN.
but, maybe we should see how this here idea goes.
hee.
also? i just finished my freaking lighthouse poem, go read it.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Kerry, COOL IDEA! I am way impressed at how you keep this site so interesting and challenging..........way to go, kiddo. This one sounds like fun. I love the person challenging the next one in turn...........that worked so well with the interviews. I am looking forward to this!

cosmos cami said...

Sounds interesting and just a bit intimidating. :)

Lilly said...

two thumbs up Kerry - this is a wonderful idea :)