Friday, December 23, 2011

A Word with Laurie


Thank you for taking the time to hop over to Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads during this busy season. I know it is precious to us all, so I will make this brief.

In keeping with the joy of the season, I’d like you to include the word ecstasy in your poem. As you can see, it has a multitude of meanings.

1. a state of being beyond reason and self-control; barchaic: swoon
2. a state of overwhelming emotion; especially: rapturous delight
3. trance; especially: a mystic or prophetic trance
4. often capitalized: a synthetic amphetamine analog C11H15NO2 used illicitly for its mood-enhancing and hallucinogenic properties —called also MDMA




One more thing. I challenge you to write the piece in five minutes or less.

Anyone can participate. All you have to do is write a piece with the word ECSTASY and post it on your blog. Then add it to Mr. Linky and leave a comment. Most importantly, visit others who have linked to this challenge. I can't wait to see everyone's contribution.

 Blessings to all of you this joyous season. See you next year!

*Definitions from the Merriem-Webster Dictionary.

20 comments:

Laurie Kolp said...

Thank you for participating. I hope everyone has a very blessed holiday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Laurie. Just managed it within the 5 minutes.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Laurie, thank you for this stimulating prompt - it's perfect for the busy Friday before Christmas.

Unknown said...

This was a breeze for me, Laurie. You must have been tuned into what I needed. Thank you!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ho! Cool prompt!

Kenia Santos said...

I'll need 5 extra minutes for the translation Laurie! <3

Unknown said...

I wrote this maybe a week ago ... probably within 5 mins, I can't remember ... it was all I could do to get all my *ahem* needs out on paper :)

Hope you guys enjoy!

Mary B. Mansfield said...

Great prompt! Can't wait to see what direction everyone else took it in...mine ended up short & sweet.

Ella said...

I was wrapping a gift and then added my thoughts to this prompt! Thanks Laurie, I really enjoyed it~

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Thanks for the fun prompt. It inspired one of the haiku included in this haiku quartet.

Mary said...

Giving it a try tonight...very tired so I will do my responding tomorrow. Hope all who celebrate have a Merry Christmas.

Janet Martin said...

Crazy week... but who can resist a prompt like this?...and its only 5 min...plus all the time you'll use up reading everyone else's;))

Anonymous said...

this was kinda fun

Doctor FTSE said...

Thanks Laurie. Hope you and all players have a happy holiday and prosperous 2012.

Jinksy said...

Time zones can put me all behind, let alone Christmas! The two together, mean I have no hope of being on time... LOL

Celestial Dreamz said...

I have enjoyed writing mine ... thanks. Merry christmas to all.

Marian said...

hey laurie, just wanna say i'm going to play but haven't yet. no five minutes! but maybe tonight. i have ecstasy bumping around in my head, thank you for that. xoxo

Laurie Kolp said...

Thank you all for your participation during this busy time. I've really enjoyed reading your offerings and look forward to reading more. Many blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Quite late with this and so I'm also linking it to Monday's Open Link...

Christine said...

Quite late with this, too but we will see..