Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day Toads


 Lily Pad by ~AstaMarionette



How fun a day about us, Toads ;D  An extra day to leap about, in our beautiful garden.  Have you noticed any new signs in the garden, seasonal pulls that are urging you to go outside and investigate?

Julia Cameron, writer and multi-talented creative being, suggests that artists take a day once a week, for an Art Date.  This is an exercise in her book, "The Artist's Way".  It can be the museum type variety or a walk in your city.  I sometimes go downtown and walk around snapping photos.  It is a way to refill your well of inspiration.

For today, I want you to try this Inner World Date. This is from a book called, "Inner Excavation" by Liz Lamoreux.  Go to your favorite spot in your home, grab something to write with or type on.

"Write a paragraph about what you see asking yourself these questions":

What color is your morning?
What are the shapes of your day?
What are the smells of your evening?
What are the textures of your favorite piece of clothing?
What are the sounds you hear right now?
What nourishes you?
What do you see when you open your eyes and really look?


Answer the question in words, or write a paragraph, or both.  Then pen your answers in a poem. You may notice one question grabs your attention, go with that...  You may leap, I mean skip questions, whatever works for you!  Just try to go with the flow and  see what comes out of your world. You may be surprised :D
   

I  look forward to seeing what your Inner World Date reveals.  YOU can always tweak this to a specific moment of your day.  Happy Leap Day Toads, hope you get a chance to do something special for yourself on this extra day!


15 comments:

Brother Ollie said...

I noticed on this leap day - that my head was steaming. There is a lot of value in slowing down and answering these questions. I may use them everyday. Keep one's poetic eyes open.

Unknown said...

Yea!!! Last day of Feb., that means we're getting closer to Spring, and that means we're getting closer to Summer :-)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I'll be back to read after work, kids.....we have snow! Ack!

"' said...

oh! loved the challenge!

Kay L. Davies said...

Happy Leap Day to you, too, Ella. I shall see what comes to me with your questions in mind.
K

Kerry O'Connor said...

Enjoy this day! Tomorrow is March with promise of season's change for all of us :)

Ella said...

It is thundering here now...crazy weather! I look forward to Spring's arrival. I do think we will see some weird weather...

Yes, like Kerry said, enjoy the Leap~

Janet Martin said...

It's crazy weather in Canada too! I loved this prompt today. Thank-you.

Herotomost said...

Great prompt....harder than I thought it was going to be. Happy Tuesday...Leap day...everyday!!!

Susie Clevenger said...

Loved the prompt...I chose the view outside my window to write on.

Grace said...

It is cold and freezing here...

I love your prompt Ella and will see if I can write about it.

Happy Leap Day ~

Fireblossom said...

"Dignity" is more Jingle bullshit that has nothing at all to do with the post.

Apeetha said...

Good Morning fellow toads!

I am off to college. It's march morning here! already!

I can't wait for the evening. Will be back to catchup with the page and the fellow toads' writing. :)

have a happy evening?

Anonymous said...

Actually, your prompt fit my Leap Day Eve poem exactly (were you reading my mind? :D)

I loved "The Artist's Way", did morning pages for years and took myself on artist's dates... I just may start that practice up again (the dates, great idea).

Mary B. Mansfield said...

Very intriguing prompt! While working on answers to those questions my muse decided to take a little leap of her own, I think it sort of fits so I'm good with it.

This is an exercise well worth repeating. Thanks so much for sharing it!