Tuesday, April 30, 2013

1 to 30, A to Z!

Congratulations, Fair Toads! You did it! You made it to Day 30 of National Poetry Writing Month. Only one more poem to go... So let’s make it a doozy, I say. Something to remember!

It’s a simple challenge, really. Starting with the letter A, every next word should start with the next letter of the alphabet. Like this:
April brings
challenges daily--
Everything feels
great here...
I did this challenge some time ago, with four trips through the alphabet. (If you’re interested to see it, click here.) No length requirement today, except for a minimum of 26 words, A-Z. Trip through the alphabet as many times as you like. It’s pretty fun once you get going, though I will tell you, X is a rough one. (Even my word heroes, They Might Be Giants, had to get creative with X. See below.)



No admonitions about writing a new poem for this challenge, as if you already have done this, I’d be interested in seeing it! Otherwise, get snapping, Toads. A to Z!

20 comments:

Vandana Sharma said...

Hi, such an exciting challenge!!!!really one needs to rake head. Loved it.

So, here's my say..."Infernos".

Looking forward to see creations from all toads!!

Have a happy day.

Susie Clevenger said...

What a challenge. I worked my brain and managed every letter in the alphabet..lol What a way to end NaPoWriMo 2013!

Janine Bollée said...

This sounds like fireworks fun and could only have come from Marian :-)
It will take me all day and I shall be speaking in strange tongues that will confuse those around me.
Xanadu ..here I come.

Susan said...

For an upbeat poem on my blog, you'll have to dial back a day or two. My mind is on Boston today. I do not know why. But just the same, this month of extra poetry in the Garden has been SPLENDID. Thank you Kerry, et al.

Kerry O'Connor said...

A black cat
did eat fuzzy green hares....

Gahhh!!!

Marian said...

yay, i'm glad this is a fun one; i thought possibly this challenge might be met with protest. whew!
also, it feels great to be done! whew! WHEW. xoxo Toads!

Maude Lynn said...

Gadzooks!

Marian said...

you can do it!
A, B, C! easy as 1-2-3!

hedgewitch said...

Have to echo MZ--gadzooks indeed. I'm afraid I had only one poem left, unrelated to anything except my extreme thankfulness that April is over, so while the challenge looks like fun, Marian, I am through for awhile till my brain cells recover! Just stopped by to thank all the toads for their support this month, and to pat the site on the back for providing so many great challenges and helping hands through this ordeal--I mean, fun process. ;_) Thanks everyone!

Margaret said...

I did my best... whew. My brain is exhausted - I will enjoy folding clothes this afternoon and watching something stupid on tv! :)

Kay L. Davies said...

Marian, thinking about this kept me awake half the night, then asleep half the morning, but here goes.
K

Hannah said...

Wow!! This was way more rewarding than I thought it would be...thank you!

Maggie Grace said...

This was fun and mind bending!

Jinksy said...

To tired at this time of night to make more sense than this:-

After being caught dreaming,
every frazzled girl
had immediately jumped,
kicking like mad.

"Not on purpose"
quoted Rosie Smith.

This Ultimate Virgin
was xtra youthful.

Zounds!

Peggy said...

This is a fun prompt. I don't know where you guys come up with some of these things--LOL--but enjoy them still. Thanks

Marian said...

Jinksy! i LOVE yours, and i mean LOVE!

yay, i'm glad you all had fun (or didn't drive yourself completely over the brink) with this one. xoxo!

Ella said...

Brilliant! Love this idea~
Whoah Penny your rules ;D lol

Ella said...

I'm not sure where mine came from...but the photo did inspire this poem!

Marian said...

yippee, we are done! NAP TIME.

Doctor FTSE said...

Not quite, Marian. I posted one in in injury time.