Monday, November 4, 2013

Open Link Monday ~ Dona Nobis Pacem

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden ...

photo credit: thegoinggreenboutique via photopin cc
Dear friends, I extend a very warm greeting to you all on this special day for bloggers around the world. November 4 marks the annual Blogblast 4 Peace. This initiative was launched by Mimi Lenox in 2006 and has grown to an extraordinary degree, spanning 6 continents and 182 countries. Her theme this year is "What do I want my world to look like?" and she invites bloggers to join together today to spread the message of peace as a single unified gesture. Please click HERE for further instructions.

Here on Real Toads, we will deviate from the usual Open Link, which allows a poem of your choice, in favour of a poem or post dedicated to the subject of PEACE. I ask that we all enter into the spirit of Blog4Peace, and make a concerted effort to visit as many blogs as possible today. Feel free to use our Real Toads Blog4Peace banner, or create your own with a template from Mimi's site. Please link up your poems, old or new, and give peace a chance - it's better than the alternative.


18 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you for helping us to participate in this Peace Event, Kerry.

Kerry O'Connor said...

You are very welcome. Let us be a place of positive energy today, and add our voices to the call for peace.

My thanks go to Mimi for including us in her global initiative - I hope today proves the success of her Blog4Peace drive.

Kay L. Davies said...

I did some research, let it percolate, and came up with a much shorter poem than I expected, but I'm happy with it, although I'm sorry it's not a response to Mimi's question: "What do I want my world to look like?"
I am delighted with the 6 continents and 182 countries blogging for peace.
K

Marian said...

here's to a peaceful Monday, and every next day... a peaceful world. xo to Toads! Marian

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry -- If what I've posted is inappropriate for the theme -- my poem is about the peace we suffer because of war -- then feel free to remove it. A better peace to all -- Brendan

hedgewitch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hedgewitch said...

Kerry, Shay was running late and asked me to link her poem, so I did. As with all her stuff, I think you can find many things in it, including an answer to the question being asked(what do I want my world to look like) if you look, but if you feel it is out of place here, please remove, and I will explain it to her when she gets home from work.

hedgewitch said...

Thanks for this opportunity to say a word about something that matters to us all, Kerry. Though I pondered this all weekend, I ended up with just a few words, but then, what I want is pretty simple. ;_)

Kerry O'Connor said...

I have no intention of disrupting the peace of the garden today by swooping down and eradicating posts which so obviously do not relate to the theme of peace, but you will understand if I do not comment on them, and give my attention to those who have.

Timoteo said...

Hi Toads! First link attempt didn't work--I hope the second one does. Also hope my poem, "Together At Last" fits today's theme!

Peace, brothers & sisters.

Other Mary said...

Thank you Kerry. What an important subject for today. Peace to you and all the toads of the garden.

Anonymous said...

it has to start somewhere... an ever-timely linkup, Kerry ~

Liz Rice-Sosne said...

I second that: "it has to start somewhere!"

Grandmother Mary said...

What a worthwhile focus! May it begin with us. Thanks for this, Kerry.

Fireblossom said...

Peace be with you, Toads!

Margaret said...

Before we "go in peace" we must find it! That is what my poem is about. I probably won't make all the rounds tonight, but will finish up in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for yesterday's focus on peace!
Forgot to leave a link to a poem that I wrote, posted at http://www.chapterandverse.ca/poetry/246-2009on-the-anniversary-of-montreal-bed-in.html .

Hannah said...

I love to see the garden full and flowing with such peaceful intentional works!! ☮ to all!