Monday, November 18, 2013

Open Link Monday

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden ...

Budleigh House, Ladysmith, South Africa
Photo Credit: H.J. Clark

Greetings to all-comers on this November Monday. Today, I am sharing the view of a garden in my hometown. This is typically what our gardens look like at this time of year, with plants coming into leaf and flower. Last week, we suffered through a heat wave, with temperatures maxing in the mid-40s Celsius (around 113 F), and it is only the beginning of summertime, so I am looking forward to a milder week and some longed for rain.

I hope that you have all brought along your poems to share - this open invitation is your opportunity to link up a poem of your choice, either your newest piece or something from your archives which deserves a second chance to be read. Please take the time to comment and show support of other poets whose work is linked beside your own.

 

12 comments:

Jim said...

Hi Kerry ~~ I am seeing some exotics playing in that yard, perhaps a herd of young giraffes?
It's very pretty in a wild flower way.
..

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful, Kerry. I love the colour combination. A pretty garden is just what I needed to round off an improved day. I'm even hoping to be able to participate in Open Link Monday tomorrow. I can't believe I couldn't even wrap my mind around the question of my favourite of my own poems the other day, but it's true.
K

Anonymous said...

Bit late for tankas (not that they really fit, but have the format, anyways.) Good week to all. ~ M

Steve King said...

Hi Kerry--and all,
Nice to be with everyone in the Garden again. I'll be back later to read!

Steve King

revelations said...

lovely picture... hope everyone has a good week....

humbird said...

Peaceful week to all!

Susie Clevenger said...

Beautiful photo...Happy Monday everyone!! Hope each of you have a great week!

Ella said...

Gorgeous garden photo! My world is sunny, but brittle as the sun dries the edges of what remains of our color. Thank you for sharing!

My offering is more white winter~

Kerry O'Connor said...

I'm having a problem connecting with blogspot again today. If I don't return comments today, I will try again tomorrow.

Susan said...

Hi folks. What a gorgeous garden, Kerry. I love that your landscape is blooming now while mine has almost finished dropping color and is waiting for snow.
My poem today is a work in progress, as needing to switch dominant hands from right to left is new and unwieldy. I dropped a paper cup of coffee in my car today. Sigh! I am constantly wiping up spills. Thank God I can type easily with the thumb and pointer fingers on the right hand. Books and therapy exist to help switch dominance only because of military work with loss of limbs. Pause. I haven't even begun to address that. My muscle tone and neural response have just gradually faded with no major trauma and no pain.
Have a great week, Toads.

Herotomost said...

Hello Hello Toads, hope this finds you all well. I posted a new one today.

Marian said...

gosh, Kerry, i love thinking about you in the throes of spring and color as we braced ourselves for snow :)

this 30 Poems thing is HAARRRDDD. i just now got #18 in, under the wire! ;)