Thursday, January 8, 2015

Road Trip!!!

Well we officially made it to 2015 Toads! Give yourself a nice round of applause and then strap it back on and lets get this year moving in the right direction.

Herotomost here and I think that 2015 is going to be a fantastic year for me personally and here in the garden. It's my first challenge of the new year and with it I want to wax nostalgic about a hot little number I new when I was 16.  Her lines were hectic. Her rear end a little greasy. I have to tell you the truth, she really got me going, she was a fox.  A 1974 Audi Fox that is.  Oxidized orange with one brown fender, no grill and she whistled when I drove down the road.  If anyone has ever had a old german car....you know how she smelled.  Her name was Julie, of course it was, that was the name of one of the many girls who I adored but wouldn't give me the time of day. The car I drive has changed, but the way women treat me has remained the same.


This is About a million times nicer than the one I had.


My challenge today is for you to summon up memories of that first mode of transport, the one that gave you the freedom to get from A to B without that nosy family butting in.  Maybe it was a car, maybe a horse or maybe a motorcycle.  I want you to write a little ditty in any format you would like describing not only the details of this majestic beast, but how it made you feel.  As usual there are no rules except it has to be an original.  If this one isn't your cup of tea, feel free to skip or write a bit of whatever you want and post it.  We'll still read it.

Here's to all of you on this shiny new year....behave each and everyone of you, or not, you're all adults.

15 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

My first mode of transport was a scooter to get to and from university. It felt great to be able to get around without my parents dropping me off.

Marian said...

ahhh...that chick Julie, she's truly dazzlin' !!!

-- Nick Cage in Valley Girl (!!!)

Fireblossom said...

Vroom!

brudberg said...

Does a bicycle count..? my first real one was a French racer.. a wonderful one, but I didn't get an engine until I was 40.. and then I had moved out of my parent's dwelling a long time ago...

Susan said...

I wrote about the first car I owned. There were others before and more VWs after. Thanks for a fun prompt.

hedgewitch said...

Susan, I also wrote about vee-dubs--thanks for the challenge, Corey.

Anonymous said...

I loved my yellow Chevy Monza! No a/c, or automatic anything. It even had an 8-Track player. I was hell on a sweet set of wheels.

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks for the challenge! I wrote about my infamous mode of escape. Something tells me there won't be another car story like mine.

Marian said...

Love having extra time for the challenge, yippee!
And Corey, terrific prompt... might even get another one from it.

Herotomost said...

Will review shortly my loves, my week has hated me. Thanks for turning out!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Corey--a very cool prompt, thanks! Sorry your week has hated you! I know the feeling. k.

Anonymous said...

Hey Corey--a very cool prompt, thanks! Sorry your week has hated you! I know the feeling. k.

Margaret said...

Thanks, Corey. Brought back a great memory…

Grandmother Mary said...

I liked the memories this prompt evoked...

Jim said...

Thanks, Corey, for peeking in on me. I enjoyed reading this first issue and very much loved reading of your attachment to your 74 Audi. I am glad you showed it as I couldn't remember.

I have my mom's 1974 Mustang II Ghia having only 68K miles. It has a German engine, the Ford Cologne V6. Mom never drove in the snow and always garaged it. It is a pretty Puke Green with the oringal white vynl top complet with a crank sunroof.
It's on my blogs and is searchable.

I suspect your wife wanting a pickup just a bit. Keep her wanting it so you can have it to 'use'. I have a friend, a lady in our Early Ford V8 club, who has a very nice restored 1950 Ford F1 pickup. Her husband would like to have my Mustang but I am holding out for a trade for his wife's pickup. I have an unrestored 1950 Ford Deluxe custom that neither of them are interested in. LOL.

I am way behind and mostly will read the rest of the others Sunday afternoon.
..