Tuesday, January 13, 2015

TheTuesday Platform

West End Theatre, South Africa

Greetings to all readers and writers of poetry. Welcome to The Tuesday Platform in the Imaginary Garden. We see our Open Link as more than a forum for linking up poetry - it is an empty stage awaiting your presentation, performance or recitation; here too, is an audience, ready to respond, applaud and give feedback. We ask that all-comers enter into the spirit of this opportunity by participating as both presenter and member of the audience. Please do not simply link up without visiting and reviewing the work of your fellow poets. Remember that our links have no time limit and you are welcome to share and review poetry on Wednesdays, indeed throughout the week.

The Imaginary Garden is first and foremost a site for poetry. Flash or prose poetry is welcome but this is not the forum for longer pieces of prose, memoir, personal philosophy, motivational tracts etc (unless they contain original poetry within the text).

14 comments:

brudberg said...

Nice to have a place to put a poem I wrote about the censorship that we seem to have to have..

Jim said...

Hi Kerry ~~ Thank you for posting the West End theatre picture. A chair and a microphone welcome, they look inviting. Is this where the folk read and recite poetry?
I hope that you don't mind my relinking my Sunday poem here. Life is getting busy for me. It or possibly a 55 word micro verse or prose wil be my last post for a while. This was late for Sunday (it's not very good but I enjoyed writing it).
..

Marian said...

Good morning Kerry and friends! What a wonderful stage... I would like to see you reciting your poems there. :)
My poem is a late entry for Grace's wonderful challenge.
Best wishes for a great week to everyone.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm sharing a poem that has been in my mind since yesterday. It's the third poem I ever wrote, methinks...

I shall fly around and see what everyone else is up to. ♥

Magaly Guerrero said...

P.S. Kerry, I'm glad you pointed out the bit about visiting others. I think it's all right, if we don't comment on every single poem (I visit every link, but sometimes I'm not sure what to say so I might skip commenting on one or three). However, to just link our poems, expecting others to add their words to them, but not showing the same courtesy is just rude.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Yes, Magaly. We have always encourage reciprocity in the garden. We are a small community and it does not take much effort to visit and comment on a few links... It is one of the things I monitor because, sadly, this is not always seen in practice.

Outlawyer said...

Hey Kerry, thanks as always for the forum and your warm invitation. A cool pic of theater-- another West End! How many are there in the world one wonders? Thanks. K. Blogger wants me to be outlawyer! And not Manicddaily--

Hannah said...

Thank you for the stage to share!! Looking forward to reading everyone this week. :)

Helen said...

Lo and behold, I have a few minutes to read a bit of stellar poetry today!

Magaly Guerrero said...

*sigh*

Unknown said...

I know that this poem is a little preachy, but it is a great message that all of us should carry with ourselves from day to day. This poem I'm posting doesn't have anything to do with religion at all, it has to do with what is being said. I hope all of you will share a seed with someone you care for.

Herotomost said...

Decided to write something new for a change. Happy Tuesday Toads!!!

Susie Clevenger said...

What a beautiful stage. Greetings everyone!

Yvonne Osborne said...

Never posted on open link. I can't bear the thought of standing on a stage but I can send you a poem. Greetings!!