Saturday, August 1, 2015

FLASH 55 PLUS!

Greetings to all poets and friends! It is time for this month's Flash 55 Challenge.
The rules of this prompt have not changed: Write a piece of poetry or prose on a subject of your choice in precisely 55 WORDS.

Possibly the work of the artist known as Banksy
Source Unknown


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PLUS!

For the optional extra element to this challenge, I am offering a single word:


trespass

verb
1.
enter someone's land or property without permission.
"there is no excuse for trespassing on railway property"
synonyms: enter without permission, intrude on, encroach on, invade, infringe, impinge on; archaic entrench on

2.
archaic literary
commit an offence against (a person or a set of rules).
"a man who had trespassed against Judaic law"
synonyms: wrong, do wrong to, cause harm to

noun
1.
LAW
entry to a person's land or property without permission.
"the defendants were guilty of trespass"
synonyms: unlawful entry, intrusion, encroachment, invasion, infringement, impingement

2.
archaic literary
a sin or offence.
"the worst trespass against the goddess Venus is to see her naked and asleep"
"Forgive us our trespasses (n) as we forgive those who trespass (v) against us.”




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerry,

A very cool 55 challenge. I'm sorry to have been so absent; a difficult work week, which seems to be sticking with me through the weekend. k.

grapeling said...

my cup's been dry of late, so thanks for the reminder, Kerry - the memory of G-Man gave me a kick in the ass this weekend :) ~

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hey everyone,

I m out of town at the moment.. visiting relatives in my hometown.. but I couldn't resist this challenge cause I wait the whole month for it :D

Sharing my poem "Trespass" for the Flash 55 plus challenge.. hope you all like it. Its 2:14 am here so I ll be back in the morning to read and comment.

Thank you Kerry for this wonderful opportunity.. goodnight :)

Lots of love,
Sanaa

Sumana Roy said...

a great 55 challenge Kerry...

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I so enjoy the 55-word challenges! But didn't manage to get in the 'plus'.

Grace said...

I love the twist as I like the street art ~ I am sharing one graffiti from our famous Graffiti Alley ~

Happy weekend everyone ~

Sweeper of Dreams said...

Love the challenge. Like Sanaa, im traveling/visiting relatives, but i look forward to reading everybody's entrees. Cheers!

Fireblossom said...

More crap poetry from me, just what the world needs.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I really like the idea of using the word "trespass" in a prompt that allows us to do anything we want. Yummy!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Susie Clevenger said...

Great challenge! Life is getting back to normal after Dawn's recent illness.

Hannah said...

Just something I found...a book and practice that I thought was interesting. Thank you, for the challenge, Kerry.

Deeshani said...

An awesome challenge.. I enjoyed writing this one :)