Definition

One must make a distinction however: when dragged into prominence by half poets, the result is not poetry, nor till the autocrats among us can be “literalists of the imagination”—above insolence and triviality and can present for inspection, imaginary gardens with real toads in them, shall we have it.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Tuesday Platform

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden!

(From Charles M. Schulz Museum Archives, originally published June 7, 1958.)

The Tuesday Platform is a place for sharing poetry. Link up a poem from your blog, old or new. Then visit, read, and comment on the offerings of others. Simple! Enjoy, and we look forward to reading your work.

Share * Read * Comment * Enjoy
 

9 comments:

brudberg said...

Hello... Love unconditional love...(but I tend to have reservations for mosquitoes and tics). Will get back to read later.

Fireblossom said...

Good morning, Toads!

Jim said...

Thank you Marian. I took the other fork, opposite of Bjorn.
..

Outlawyer said...

Wonderful cartoon, thank you, Marian. k.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Hello dear friends and you - I wanted to leave a note for http://allahdeen.blogspot.com/ but couldn't figure how: here's the note: Loved your poem - it is sensual and grateful, two excellent qualities!

Therisa's World said...

Something unusual for me, an old spiritual poem that I wrote, in the summer of 2014, during a severe bout of agoraphobia, that kept me, apartment-bound, for the entire summer.

Stacie Eirich said...

Thank you for the comic Marian! It gave me a smile when I needed one, brought some light in. I linked up a bit of prose poetry on light that I wrote a while ago. Have a great day Toads! :-)

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, how I love Peanuts – and especially this one.

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I so enjoyed the Peanuts comic! Today I'm linking a poem about something we all use and obey.

I hope everyone has a good week!

Hugs! Bekkie