Thursday, October 27, 2016

Celebrating the Season - Dreaming with Stacie

Hello Toads! I hope that October has found you well and enjoying the season. It finally feels like Autumn where I live, & with October's end fast approaching I find much for poetic inspiration. The changing colors, the chill in the air, the pumpkins, the apples, the festivals & the music -- Autumn is so very alive with joy & excitement. It is a season of endings, yes, but also beginnings (at school, of holidays, of events).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few of my Autumn photos - Can you feel the joy in them?

Beauty found on Autumn morning walk


Joy in leaf piles! 

Pumpkin Picking with my loves, Sadie & Dylan 


Monarch poses at fall festival 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it is likely that not all of you celebrate Halloween, and indeed some of you are experiencing a completely different season right now. Therefore, I want to invite you to write a poem of any season -- whether it be the one you are in, or your favorite one that you may miss. The only parameter I put on it is that it must be a celebration of that season -- make us see, feel, hear & taste the joy in it. In other words, write with your senses as well as your heart. If that takes you to a spooky Halloween-town, or a serene Spring lake & fields of tulips -- so be it! Just take us there & have some fun with it!

For your viewing pleasure, and because Halloween is nearly upon us where I live -- here is "This is Halloween" from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I have a special affinity for this one, as I once performed in a musical version of it -- and it was the most delicious fun!






11 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Hi Stacie. Thanks for sharing these amazing pics. Happy times!

Jim said...

Like your fall pictures, Stacy. We like you, I think we are up the coast, just south of Houston, will miss the fall but still have Halloween. It is high on my Holiday list. I'll work on something. Scary?
..

Stacie Eirich said...

Kerry - You're welcome. Yes, it is a delightful time for my children & I. But busy too!

Jim - Yes, I do miss the fall colors that I used to see in the north! I'm afraid my butterfly photos reflect more of a lingering summer than fall. Yes, go ahead and write scary if that's where inspiration takes you...

brudberg said...

Love the pictures Stacie.. I will somehow get to write something.. but now it's already late and I will go to bed here...

Margaret said...

A busy day today but this is right up my alley. Thanks

Kim M. Russell said...

Hi Stacie! Thanks for sharing the photos - you all look like you're having a great time. I'm afraid that although I am celebrating the return of winter, my poem is a little melancholy.

Gillena Cox said...

Luv the opening for cultural options. Thanks for sharing those sweet pics Stacie

much love...

Margaret said...

I am so far behind in visiting and commenting and I apologize. I am so tired tonight (I've had a few health issues BUT everything seems on the mend ... or at least a plan and path has been selected) and I should have more energy soon.

I will visit in the morning as I have about three or four past challenges to visit and read. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for this challenge celebrating my favorite season.

Kim M. Russell said...

I had to come back with one more before I settle down to a solid week or polishing up my novel.

Stacie Eirich said...

Thank you to all for participating! I am loving your seasonal poems. Gillena your Divali poem is wonderful, so happy you have again brought your culture in Trindad/Tobago to us. Margaret I look forward to reading yours - and Kim, so excited inspiration has struck for you twice! I too shall be polishing my novel after the poems --

Happy Halloween to all who are celebrating! Have a BOO-tiful Day! (LOL had to)

Angie said...

I'm Out of season, late to the party. Thanks for the prompt Stacie:)