Thursday, March 2, 2017

Bits Of Imagination ~ Perfume

Happy March dear poets. I am sure there is much to say about the month's wind, kites, lions and lambs, but today I hope to inspire your writing with the scent of perfume.
The New Perfume ~ John William Godward

I am sure even reading the word perfume will take your thoughts to a favorite scent, be it from a bottle or the scented air of nature. Of course, there are also scents that evoke not so pleasant memories, either way perfume has power. 


"Men do change, and change comes like a little wind that ruffles the curtains at dawn, and it comes like the stealthy perfume of wildflowers hidden in the grass."   John Steinbeck

"A woman's perfume tells more about her than her handwriting."  Christian Dior

 "Little things seem nothing, but they give peace, like those meadow flowers which individually seem odorless but all together perfume the air." George Bernanos


Blue Amber

Perfume is heat. Perfume below
the ice of sleep. As from one
shore to another, dreams, rivulet,

molecules of citrus and musk
floating above our sheets, when you toss
not quite awake, your pillow burns

lily spice, clove and river grass

Ilyse Kusnetz
(You can read the entire poem here )

Today's challenge is simple: Write about perfume. Please share an original poem based on the challenge and please take time to read the perfume inspired poetry of your fellow poets.


11 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Such a rich and beautiful prompt, Susie. I am unable to write in the week but will be returning to this at the weekend.

hedgewitch said...

I have been thinking of this since you mentioned it the other day, Susie. I love the poems you chose to illustrate, as well, especially the final one.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Susie ❤️ sharing my poem (sweet-scented) musings, hope you like it! Happy Thursday y'all!❤️

Anonymous said...

had intended to do other things today but could not resist this aromatic theme

Susie Clevenger said...

@Kerry, thank you
@hedgewitch, thank you...I love that poem also
@Sanaa, Thanks so much!
@Laura, so glad you decided to write a poem!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This prompt jogged a memory out of the dusty old attic, lol. Thanks, Susie!

brudberg said...

A surreal sonnet is what I came up with... it's getting late, I will be around reading tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Good writing to everyone. I look forward to reading.

ekta khetan said...

What a lovely prompt! Love you toads, loads!

Anonymous said...

sorry I'm late, I went a bit on the silly end with this one, and I completely enjoyed myself!

Dr. Vijita Pillai said...

Way too late for this one!
BUt I wanted to write on this prompt, such an inspiring one..

Or shall I repost in the "play it again toads" challenge, if I have missed this one :(