Thursday, May 11, 2017

Out of Standard - Photo Finish

Blue bonnet carrier pigeons


Greetings Garden Dwellers and welcome to the Out of Standard, where I set before you a challenge to defy the conventions of a particular theme and find new places in the everyday. 


Photo finish
For today’s prompt, I am going to provide you with images, and you get to write a poem around them.  

But

This wouldn’t be the out of standard without a teeny, tiny twist. Under each photo is an phrase that doesn’t exactly match the photo. Your challenge is to write a poem inspired by the photo, while using the seemingly nonsensical words. 

The photos are mine, and you have my permission to repost them at your blog (if you are into that sort of thing). 

Keep in mind
Like every challenge, your poem must by newly written and not one which you have previously written which conveniently fits the theme.

That's it. The platform is yours. The mic is warm.

So go now, my muddy buddies, and bring us back something shiny and new.


Rag and bone pancake thickener


Every hagfish's impossible dream 


New Banana Town - population: you


Smoke and mirrors and electro-shock therapy

Red carpet kittens

self care wasabi peas



8 comments:

Marian said...

Self care wasabi peas! JUST WHAT I NEED. (Love this prompt, Izy!)

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks Izy! I had fun with this one.

Margaret said...

This was HARD! I did take a bit of creative license... be gentle with me :) Thanks, Izy.

Anonymous said...

Where is everyone?

Gillena Cox said...

A very challenging prompt Isadore; luv it

much love...

Anonymous said...

Great prompt...so busy all of a sudden with work and after 30 poems in 30 days it's a struggle at the monent to find time to write. I'll get on with reading and commenting over the weekend.

Jim said...

It was fun, Izzy. I liked the picture right away but "Wasabi" threw me for a loop but I 'adapted'. Come see. Guess I'll call my writing a 'poem' but I should have done better.
..

brudberg said...

I will have to do this prompt - such fun after an intense week... maybe a combo with the problem of ostracized chimeras hmm