Thursday, May 25, 2017

Of Angels and Monsters

For today’s prompt I’ve gathered seven pop culture quotes that have to do with angels, monsters or both. Your mission is to pick one and create a poem based on it. Your poem does not have to specifically be about an angel or a monster, but it must have some relation to at least one of these quotes. Please be sure to mention the quote that served as your inspiration somewhere in your post, and as always pay a visit to your fellow poets.


“I’m the thing monsters have nightmares about.” – Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

“He’s an angel, not a saint.” – Michael

“'Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!” - Dracula

“One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel.” – Doctor Who

 “I can spot a commandment breaker a mile away.” –Dogma

“Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?” – It’s A Wonderful Life

“We all go a little mad sometimes.” - Psycho



7 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Rommy, I hit "publish" for you, since it was time. I hope that's okay.

brudberg said...

Into every generation a slayer is born ...

Love monster poetry, I will get something done.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Battling demons all the way!! This one is for you, Rommy ❤️

De Jackson said...

LOVED - and needed - this prompt today. Thank you!
PS: Sorry about the weird parens after my name...a carry over from my last dVerse poem post. ;)

Gillena Cox said...

This is an interesting prompt, with lots of leverage. I didn't do scary as monsters tend to connote, but rather i went for, read-between-the-lines

much love...

Magaly Guerrero said...

@Bjorn, you made me cackle.

@Rommy, I really loved this one (and took way too much pleasure writing something for it).

Anonymous said...

Great challenge Rommy, its been a hoot leaping lily pad to lily pad, encountering angels and monsters of every stripe.