Thursday, July 13, 2017

Fireblossom Friday: Bang, You're Dead.

Bang, you're dead. Maybe that crazy kid driver ran you down, or maybe the aneurysm you didn't know was in your head exploded. It could have been any of a thousand things, but no matter how you slice it, you won't be participating in that charity run this afternoon. 

Still, this doesn't have to be the end, despite what you might have heard. Don't you feel like you still have something to say? Don't be shy. After all, what can anyone do to you now? Presentation is strictly up to you. Automatic writing, poltergeist activity, dream messages from the great beyond. C'mon, get happy! You're gonna slay 'em.

So. To whom may I direct your (phantom) call? What do you want, spirit? Time is money, chop chop, let's go. You're killing me here. Just write an original NEW poem and sign the linky. It never, uh, expires.

18 comments:

hedgewitch said...

Thanks for the (as always) extra-original challenge, Shay. I am out of pocket for today but will visit tomorrow.

Kerry O'Connor said...

You're killing me, Shay.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I LOVE it!💖 Will be back with a poem later tonight after work💖

Anonymous said...

Poets will be dying to do this prompt...right? I'll get my coat.

Fireblossom said...

LOL @ Kerry and Paul!

tonispencer said...

A fun prompt for a Friday!

brudberg said...

I'm thinking the seventh seal...

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Lol, gotta love Fireblossom Friday! I will be back, likely tomorrow, as long as i dont die in my sleep.

Anonymous said...

Did my share of comments and pluses

Kerry O'Connor said...

Thank you, Martin. Your commentary is always welcomed.

Jilly said...

First time to post here, and wouldn't you know, I took it in an odd direction. Afterall, what do we care for punctuation & word usage?! Much gratitude to our host.

Susie Clevenger said...

Yeah! A chance to go dark, Thanks!

Julian said...

Great topic for fun Friday

Julian said...

Run out of timto read to night, so tomorrow it'll have to be.

Anonymous said...

I returned to catch up

Gillena Cox said...

Happy to be back online,connection sorted out

much love...

Anonymous said...

First time for me, too! LOL! What a prompt...but we all will face it. See many poets I know from other sites....lovely. May we all make it through the weekend at least!

Fireblossom said...

Hello, friends. A massive Windows update kidnapped my computer since early this morning, and that is why I have not been to visit many of you. I promise to visit everyone no later than tomorrow! Sorry for the delay!