Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Tuesday Platform



Who taught us that there are only
196 kinds of people
because there are 196 countries?
We're all one earthquake, one civil cry
short of becoming refugees
and that speaks a lot about the fault lines
under our own democracies...."

"Go Back to Your Own Country!" 
by Ankita Shah & Ramneek Singh


Welcome to the Tuesday Platform, a place for sharing poetry. How? Link up a poem from your blog, old or new. Then visit, read, and comment on the offerings of others. Simple! Enjoy, and we look forward to reading your work.


Share * Read * Comment * Enjoy

13 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I almost didn't link what I posted today. But the prose is poetic, and it contains a haiku, and a quote (I stole) from Paul, and it's about words... So, I liked it.

Magaly Guerrero said...

*linked it* not "liked it", although I do like it. :-D

Anonymous said...

Hi..sorry about the second link..please delete!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Happy Tuesday everyone ❤️ running a bit late for work.. will be back later tonight to read and comment. xoxo

brudberg said...

A quick poem written for the Platform...

I seem to be in the mood to write it short.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Such an impassioned performance for our times.. I am fascinated by the way their hands speak too.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Happy Tuesday, friends. Some of you read my link in the Pantry on Sunday. Sharing my wild thing poem. I miss my boy. And Jasmine, Lukey, and all the other furry buddies I have lost. But when one has loved a wild thing, one's heart is never the same again.

Timoteo said...

It finally rained here. Nice weather for Toads!

Frank Hubeny said...

I linked a poem I wrote yesterday for a photo prompt.

tonispencer said...

HOT here. Even the nights. I posted a poem I've had swimming around in my head for a couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

Don't have time to comment? Hit those Likes and G+1s Show our support and strength.

Anonymous said...

The video is amazing. So powerful. I am late to the party once more...such is life these days...busy times. I'll read tomorrow. Midnight now.

Marian said...

Hi, friends! Late to my own party, but will be making my way around to visit all of you today with any luck. Hope everyone is well and happy!