Saturday, July 8, 2017

Fragile, Natural, Wild (with Magaly)

Greetings, dear Toads, and welcome to another Weekend Mini-Challenge. Today, the Prompt Muse (yes, she exists) comes bearing flowers, bugs, herbs… and three phrases (because in my challenges *and in stories* the best things come in threes).  

The prompt is simple: write a 3-stanza poem using one of the following images plus the phrase that precedes it. Feel free to share the photo with your poem (credit the photographer). If you choose not to share your chosen image, please add a note letting the rest of us know which photo inspired your poem.

fragile things
by Robert Draves (@draves.robert)

natural hungers
by Robert Draves (@draves.robert)

wild memories
by Magaly Guerrero (@magalyguerreroindarkerwords)


Feed the direct link to your new poem to Mr. Linky.
Visit other Toads, and see what their Muses have been blooming.
While you are there, gather a bouquet of wildest fun.



17 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Saturday greetings, my dearest Toads! I hope your day (or night) is full of wonder. I'm quite excited to see what your Muses bloom out of these phrases and images.

Kerry O'Connor said...

What a wonderful prompt, Magaly. I'm sure you won't mind if poets wish to write to more than one of your suggestions.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I would not mind it one bit, Kerry. :-)

Outlawyer said...

Lovely images, Magaly. I am a little overwhelmed this weekend, but will see if I can come up with something. k.

WildChild47 said...

Wonderful images with interesting phrases as companions - many possibilities in this bouquet :) thanks for the interesting prompt.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Magaly ❤️ sharing my poem Untitled (of madness and fragile things) hope you like it. Happy weekend everyone ❤️

brudberg said...

I seem to favor brief poetry at the moment. I did fall for the poppy... maybe the symbolism of war is what got me.

Magaly Guerrero said...

@K, We'll be here for a while, so take your time. We'll read. :-)

@WildChild47, You're very welcome!

@Sanaa, And I absolutely adore your heartbreaking offering.

@Bjorn, Your brief piece packs a lasting punch. I love the invitation at the end.

Susie Clevenger said...

Beautiful photos for inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Magaly, all I could contribute was to read.

Angie said...

that poppy is poppin!

hedgewitch said...

I am amazed to say I have been able to write something two days in a row--thank you so much dear Magaly, for the inspiration, and I hope I haven't played too fast and loose with your very specific prompt.

Magaly Guerrero said...

@Susie, Thank you.

@Martin, Reading is a wonderful contribution. :-)

@Angie, Indeed!

@Hedgewitch, I am so pleased.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hi kids, this prompt intrigues me. I am having a very busy weekend but I do want to write to it. So I hope to be back later, with an offering and then will make the rounds.

Anonymous said...

I have written just a response to this fabulous prompt.Tomorrow is a full free day. I shall walk in the fells and read all of the last two days offerings and leave my comments.

Magaly Guerrero said...

@Sherry, Thanks so much for sharing your wild!

@Paul, I sooo enjoyed your contribution.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Thanks for making this such a wonderful reading experience, everyone!