Tuesday, July 4, 2017

The Tuesday Platform

Welcome to The Imaginary Garden...




Greetings to all travellers, poets and friends, and an especial HAPPY 4TH OF JULY to all our American friends.



In the spirit of this year's theme of "Being Human", I share this moving video of the charity song for the victims of the Grenfell Tower disaster. To me, it speaks to the endurance of everything that is good about people, in a year of continued tragedy and atrocity worldwide.

July is always an auspicious month in the Garden, as we mark our anniversary. To celebrate, the members of toads have paired up to create Collaborations. Examples of collabs from previous years can be read HERE. This is one of the ways in which we endorse the cohesion of our small community of poets. Please look out for these awesome posts on alternate Wednesdays starting tomorrow with Sanaa & Marian's poem.

Without further ado, I extend the invitation for today's platform: WRITE::LINK::SHARE


11 comments:

Therisa's World said...

Am wishing all American members, a happy and safe 4th of July. As we Canadians, get back to work, after our 150th celebration of Canada's birth, on July 1st (last Saturday). May today be a day of celebration and not of mourning.

Am sharing a poem, I have written, about my experiences, living in a woman's homeless shelter, a decade ago. This poem will be the poetic introduction to my 4th chapter, in my prose project, "A Work, In Progress".

rallentanda said...

Happy 4th of July to all the American contribiutors. Coincidentally I incorporated the Grenfell disaster in my haiku extravaganza.Thank you for this video.Enjoy the rest of the week everyone.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Happy 4th of July everyone!❤️ It's one of those days when a poem chased me until I poured it down on page. Sharing my poem Untitled (of love and buried thoughts) written specially for Tuesday Platform!❤️


I am running a bit late for work, will be back later tonight to read and comment.❤️

Kerry O'Connor said...

Historical days get me thinking about how far we have come, under the guise of our humanity, and how far we still have to go.

Anonymous said...

I should have posted this earlier, but I had to wait for it to cool.

brudberg said...

Hello all.. joining a bit late. It's a good day to reflect, and happy 4th of July.

Julian said...

Hello all, happy 4th July to my cousins across the pond. Peace and light to all

Outlawyer said...

Hi Kerry, thanks. k.

Angie said...

Happy Independence Day... I'm looking forward to the collaboration poems beginning tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July everyone

Gillena Cox said...

Happy 4th of July everyone. My Wi-Fi has still not been reset by my ISP

Much love...