Friday, March 30, 2012

Fireblossom Friday/ Bodies

Hello Toads and welcome to another Fireblossom Friday! For some reason, Toads doesn't want to let me play with colors and fonts today, but I press on cos I am just brave like that.


So sit back and let me give you the skinny on this week's challenge. Let's write about bodies; tall ones short ones big ones brown ones. I want you to think about the physical, whether you want to write about pleasure, pain, activity, physical restriction, medical situations, or anything else that centers on the body.

There are all kinds of different bodies to consider. Ain't that right, Adrian? May I tell ya that you lookin' quite beautiful today?

Bodies are beginnings. But, they don't last forever, and bodies are endings, too. maybe you want to write about that...while there's still time!

You might want to write about sexy bodies or strong ones. Bodies that inspire envy, lust, or some of those other deadly and covet-y sins.

You might even want to branch out into a little bit of fantasy. What if bodies could do things or be things they can't in real life, but can in your imagination?

And remember, looks can be deceiving...

...because both of these last two pictures are of the same person, actress Miriam Shor! Tricked ya. I'm sorry. Get even with me by writing something cool about bodies!

21 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Another in my series of poems based on African culture. No animals were harmed in the making of this one, but blood was shed.

hedgewitch said...

A great prompt--I hope I've met it by writing of the heart within the body. Love those pics, Shay!

Marian said...

fun :)

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious; she makes a really cute guy!

I've always wanted to cut open a body, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to confess that to the whole world. Hmmmmm.

~Shawna
rosemarymint.wordpress.com

Teresa said...

Hmmm....my body and I are not getting along right now. This might not be pretty.

Kenia Santos said...

I'm not sure my poem qualifies as a body poem. Hope so. Kisses!

Susie Clevenger said...

Love the prompt...I have been out of the loop this week. My daughter had good news on her bone marrow test..NO CANCER!! But Wednesday she had to have emergency surgery to replace a Ureteric stent. Anyway I am back and have catching up to do!!

Daydreamertoo said...

Great prompt, thanks to all at Toads!

Maude Lynn said...

And, our response needs to be haiku, right?

Ella said...

I love the early April fool
Great idea..
Off to steep some words

W.k.kortas said...

Well, there's bodies and there's bodies.

Rinkly Rimes said...

Mine is somewhat irreverent. Sorry!

Mary said...

I hope a dog's body counts!

Anonymous said...

I hope my body counts.

~Shawna
rosemarymint.wordpress.com

Fireblossom said...

Hi friends! I love the ones I have read so far. Alas, I am tired and going to bed early, but I promise to read each and every one by Sunday.

Sharp Little Pencil said...

Isn't that actress from Hedwig and the Angry Inch? She had me fooled the whole time. Great, sad, unique film... Peace, Amy

Susie Clevenger said...

Ok Fireblossm I went with your suggestion right into sensual. Thanks for the challenge!

Fireblossom said...

Sharp Little Pencil, yes, that's the one. She fooled me, too.

Margaret said...

A little late to the party... I revised one I wrote a year ago and I believe I like it better. :)

Fireblossom said...

Thank you, everyone, for participating! Wow, there were several really exceptional poems!

Ella said...

I'm describing my bonked out body!
Low glycogen sucks~!