Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sunday Mini Challenge

Kerry is having some internet issues and isn't able to post, "The Sunday Challenge" this week.   I offered to do a fill in post. The timing was interesting.  I had just loaded an App to my IPHONE, for Instagram. It is this unique photography app, with many filters.  You share your photos online, even the filter names are poetic, like Walden, 1977, Sierra, Early Bird, and etc.  I can see this is going to be addictive. This is twitter for photo lovers.  You can snap photos of your day, start an account, log in and share. Does anyone else use Instagram?  For me it is about capturing something unique, when my other camera isn't with me. There are also photo contests online. Even if you are not interested, you will be stunned and amazed by the photos.   Your mini challenge involves yes, Instagram photos. Don't worry, you aren't taking them, you are going to view them on this site, "Photo of the Day". Select a photo that speaks to your soul and pen a poem.  Be sure to give credit to the photography on your blog.  In theory the mini part is up to you!  ;D   

Here is the link to Photo of the Day.   Here is another link  showing photo contest winners. Amazing pictures!  Between these two sites, I think you will find something. If you Instagram, use one of your photos or you could use mine.  These are the first ones I took.  

Here are a few of my Instagram photos:
 This is a rainbow rose. I wish the photo was better, but I'm going to be in this location later tomorrow. I'll have another chance to snap a pic. I love how magical it looks~


 This is in my front yard. I used a filter, I think it gives it a fairy like quality. I can almost see fairies dancing~

This one is a statue, aren't the eyes incredible. I can't get over all the details. I love that the light behind it glows.  I don't know who the artist is, but I'm in awe~
I think this pansy looks more like a painting, than a photo~

Pick a mini photo and share your magic!  I can't wait to see what your soul's aperture focuses on.


16 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Ha! I just swung by to make sure there was no weekend challenge up, and was about to go to work on one, but you beat me to it, Ella! Thanks for stepping in! :-)

Ella said...

Fireblossom, I love that we were on the same wave length~ I'm so loving this new app! I'm behind on commenting. ( I spent one day this week, being locked out of my vehicle. The next day my daughter's "Sweet Sixteen" zombie party, lol.) Off to finish Marion's challenge and comment on all the poems. Then I will post a mini poem ;D
Hope your Sunday is filled with magic! Hope Kerry's internet issues are soon over!

Anonymous said...

Ella, your Insta of the statue is amazing... I'll see if I can conjure up some words

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, keep this app away from me. I already don't get anything done. How can I do less than nothing? I'm sure I would be wafted off to Neverland with this.
K

Ella said...

Kay-We all need some Neverland at some time. I am using it most, when I run errands. When weather permits, I will take my good camera downtown. This is a convenient tool, when you see something that attracts your muse you can document it. It might help inspire a poem later on! It is addictive, but sweeter than cookies! ;D

Turtlememoir-I can't get over the detailing of the eyes! Thank you~
I actually went outside and saw a huge bumblebee. It is early isn't it? Happy to see her dancing among the tiny florets in my tree~ I look forward to your poem!

Unknown said...

Love the picture challenges!

hedgewitch said...

Well, I posted a sort of mini, but spring seemed to have more to say, so this is a twofer. Enjoyed the challenge, Ella. Looks like you're having fun with your new toy. ;-)

Susie Clevenger said...

Hey Ella, since I have an android phone I decided to create my own photo...I know what you mean about loving the app. I have one called Camera 360 and I have taken o many fun shots with it that I have on my photo blog.

Susie Clevenger said...

btw Ella I love your images. The second one that you felt had a fairy like quality about it inspired me to create my fairy image.

Mary said...

Ella, I have an I-Phone and had to check out the Instragram thing. I uploaded my own photo, wrote about it. I love this application. Thanks for the introduction. Now I will visit what everyone did with it....and hope everyone will visit mine.

Marian said...

ella! a breakthrough! i have posted a response to a photo challenge! thanks to you! xoxo

Ella said...

Marian-I did your challenge and mine today! It brought back so many wonderful memories; thank you!

Mary-I am so happy you love this application. I am so intrigued by it! You are welcome :D

Susie-I love your photo and found your poem fun! Cute name for my pic :D I am so glad you played along! I will have to check out your blog :D

Hedgewitch-Thank you I am! Mini is good, you are on track ;D I'm glad you joined in!

WinterWrites-I am happy you loved it~ It was something I have been thinking about doing, so glad I jumped in, toad like of course ;D

Kerry O'Connor said...

I'm so excited to see how many people loved this idea. Three cheers for Ella!!
Every cloud definitely has a silver lining (when you used Instragram)

Ella said...

Thank you Kerry! So hoped life would go back to normal for you~

Mary B. Mansfield said...

Finally got mine done! Better late than never :)

Unknown said...

I'm late, too, Mary!
Ah Well...
Thank you for the inspiration, Ella. I used one of your photos and linked back.