Thursday, October 31, 2013

BlogBlast 4 Peace

Right Click ~ Save ~ Add to your blog

Mimi Lennox recently contacted me to invite all poets of the Imaginary Garden to join millions of bloggers around the world in the Blog4Peace drive on Monday, 4 November. Here follows an extract from her letter.

Hello Peace Bloggers!

It is hard to believe that we are about to embark on the 10th launch (8th year) of BlogBlast For Peace aka Blog4Peace! We started in 2006 with a handful of my beautiful blogging buddies. Now we've grown into thousands of little blue peace globes spinning across six continents and 182 countries. We are approaching 20,000 on the Facebook page!  Blogging for peace has become a personal tradition for so many of us. We've proven that our words and images are powerful. Our world is a mess. We need to speak up for peace now more than ever. 

 This year's theme is "What Do I Want My World To Look Like?" When I honestly answered that question for myself, the answers were surprisingly simple and basic. What do you want your world to look like? Tell us about it on your blogs and pages November 4th.  Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to go HERE and find a blank sheet of internet blog paper known as a peace globe template. I'm going to make sure my neighbors in all corners of the world hear and see the words "Dona nobis pacem" loud and clear everyday and especially on Nov 4. I'm going to think about my own life and how I want to live it. I want to make sure that on the inside of me there is no malice, no vengeance, no revenge, no desire to humiliate or harm friend or foe. No plan to return hate for hate. Then and only then can I go about advocating peace in someone else. I am going to post my thoughts on Nov 4 with all of you and we will celebrate the change in makes in each of us and across the world. Because I know it will. And others will choose to join in because you choose to examine your thinking and decide to raise a voice for peace. How do I know? Because peace bloggers are awesome (!!!) and our words are powerfulOne voice. One subject. One day. 

Since November 4 falls on our Open Link Monday, I am giving notice that it will be devoted to the BlogBlast for Peace. If you would like to participate, please prepare to share poems which have been written either to Mimi Lennox's theme: "What Do I Want My World To Look Like?" or to the theme of Peace in general.  For more information about Blog4Peace click HERE.

9 comments:

Susan said...

OK. Let us see what focus can do.

Grandmother Mary said...

What a wonderful, important focus to be part of.

Marian said...

nice! thanks, Kerry.

hedgewitch said...

Thanks for the advance notice Kerry--a very worthy subject and good to see people uniting behind it. Will see if anything percolates up.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Kerry, thanks for helping Mimi spread the word. Yay! I've been participating since 2010, and she really puts her heart into it. A great movement.

Susie Clevenger said...

I have been participating since 2011. The world is in such need of peace.

Other Mary said...

Excellent! This is new to me and I'm glad for the chance to participate.

Scarlet said...

What a wonderful idea Kerry ~

I have participated last year and will do so again this time around ~

Lolamouse said...

I've been participating for a couple of years with this. Great idea! I'm working on something now...