Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Get Listed ~ Good Neighbors

Our guest contributor this month is Patricia McGoldrick, who blogs at PM27's Blog.

photo credit: UGArdener via photopin cc
Patricia shares the source of her idea for this list with us:

My list is inspired by actual neighbours in our community and life, in general. The metaphor for this social interaction is drawn from a pumpkin field that I passed on my daily drive to school where I taught History to high school students in another community. Students and staff celebrated life in its diversity, achievements and struggles.

To join in with this prompt, please make a selection of the words Patricia has provided and include them in a new poem. We require that you use a minimum of three words, but you do not have to use all of them. Link up your poem, and practice good neighborliness by commenting on a few of the poems linked alongside your own.

Neighbor / Neighbours

Fences

Handshake

Barbecue Potluck

Borrow

Return

Garden

Weeds

Trees

Snow

Weather

Laughter

Tears

Children

Parents

Birth

Death

Teenagers

Stoop

Deck

Patricia's author website can be visited HERE.



23 comments:

Susan said...

Kerry, I think this is an old Mr. Linky from another prompt.

Unknown said...

I agree. Its good to know all these people didn't finish before 6:45am! Lol

Marian said...

i think it's fixed... looks like no one had yet posted a new poem, but if you posted one in response to Patricia's word list, please post again.

An Apel a Day said...

Fall time certainly has its perks.

Kerry O'Connor said...

@Alissa Apel - Your spam is not welcome here. This is a site for poetry writing not for random users to link their memes.

Ella said...

Great list Patricia!

Anonymous said...

Hi All!

So excited to participate in this week's Word List part of the schedule.
Neighbours & neighbourhoods came to mind for a theme.
Last year, I shared a link to my blog in response to an Open Link Monday. At that Hallowe'en time, I posted my poem on "Neighbourhoods" with a pumpkin theme. This year, I will repost the poem on my blog for the theme of my word list here.
I look forward to stopping by blogs in this community to read your takes on the theme. Happy Autumn Day! :)

Ella said...

I went dark more Halloween then neighborly. I might try another one.
Thanks Patricia! :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Ella! Will check it out. :)
By the way, I reposted a poem on the theme at my blog http://pm27.wordpress.com/2013/10/02/neighbours-all/.

Unknown said...

Is it alright if we link up post date? For example if I finish Wednesday, can I link to this when I post it then? I also love the word choices!

Kerry O'Connor said...

The links do not expire, Rachelle. You are welcome to link up tomorrow or Friday.

Anonymous said...

Rachelle, glad you like the words I chose!

Kerry, great to know about the timing!

Kay L. Davies said...

Welcome, Patricia, and thanks for the list. All the Toads know how much I love to work from word lists, and I certainly enjoyed this one.
K

Unknown said...

Awesome Thanks!!

L. Edgar Otto said...

I checked out the prompt authors site! I will not post formally here as the poem would be too short:

... birth, teenagers, death...

Susie Clevenger said...

Such a lovely list Patricia. Feeling a bit sad the last couple of days...writing to encourage myself and hopefully others also.

L. Edgar Otto said...

What the heck, I tried to look at the kinds and properties of the words in a very minimal context.

Grandmother Mary said...

This ended up in a different place than I anticipated but I had been trying to find words for this recent experience.

Anonymous said...

Susie Clevenger -- I often write when I am in that frame of mind, too. :)

L. Edgar Otto -- thanks for sharing your approach to the list!

Grandmother (Mary) -- similarly, sometimes, not sure where a prompt will lead me. :)

Hannah said...

Thank you, Patricia! I enjoyed the process that became of meditating on your words. :)

Anonymous said...

Hannah, so glad they were a good focus for your meditation! :)

Kerry O'Connor said...

My first week back at school has been so hectic, I apologize for not being able to do anything creative this week. Many thanks to Patricia for her participation and lovely responses in commentary.

Anonymous said...

Kerry and Toads,
So welcome!
Enjoyed this Word list share and all the exchanges of poems and comments! :)