Thursday, October 3, 2013

Liquor is Quicker.......A Perfect Friday Prompt



Herotomost in the hooouuuseeeeeeee!!!!!!

Ok...so I walked into a bar with a poodle under my arm.....alright truth is, no poodle under my arm. I did walk into a bar recently, sat down and looked at the marketing blitz that lay before me.  The amount of time and money spent fashioning bottles, labels and names for liquor floored me. There were bottles of every shape, size and color.  Some ornate and very hip and trendy, some very plain and simple but appeared stoic and a bit reserved.  I thought about how this marketing affects the way we think about the product and the act of drinking and strangely, I think for most people it may have more to do with what we imbibe than the manufacturing or taste of the alcohol.  I know some of you don't drink, but even at that, bottles and the name of liquors hold a certain feeling and draw, it seems inevitable. the naming of wines has become an art unequaled and I know people who buy a bottle because of the name just to see if it is good, especially if it is a bit out of the ordinary or especially if it has sexual overtones.

Now, todays challenge revolves more around the names  than the bottles, because I think you could write something fantastic using a few of the more common and not so common names of these alcoholic beverages. If you have a serious issue with alcohol, I apologize. I know some do, you can skip this one or play in any way you wish, but for the rest of you, I want you to come up with a story, poem, essay, box top add, again...in my world the form is of no consequence, using one of the names presented below in the poem, or using the name as a springboard to a thought process or subject matter. Get creative my little bed bugs.....it all that I ever ask...lol.




Middle Sister

Jameson

Belvedere

Corozon

Apothic

Rang Tang

Arrogant Bastard

Green Flash

Barrio

Johnny Walker

El Presidente

Captain Morgan

Now go forth and create......I don't have to tell you that the amount of creativity I see out of this group on a daily basis could provide electricity for the entire planet.  Love you and hope this turns out to be fun, and not just a bunch of work...lol.







20 comments:

Susan said...

Mr. Linky, are you at a bar?

Fireblossom said...

Laffin @ "my little bed bugs".

Fireblossom said...

PS--I took the liberty of dragging Mr Linky out of the bar and onto the page. Just call me Carrie Nation!

Lolamouse said...

OK, I confess: I bought a bottle of wine because the name was "Menage a Trois." Also, "Relax," and "Mommy's Time Out."

Susan said...

Thanks for the morning laugh, toads.

Marian said...

hahah! i love the Arrogant Bastard Ale. i have purchased that for many a gift. and me too, Lolamouse! all three of those. wait, are we supposed to be confessing here?

Kerry O'Connor said...

The legal drinking age in SA is 18 and my daughter was given a bottle of some alcoholic beverage called "Liquid Libido~The Potion of Passion 18SNL" for her 18th birthday. I am somewhat relieved to report the bottle is till unopened. Phew!

Kerry O'Connor said...

I was about to congratulate Corey on adding his own Linky, when I see there was some hassle with the silly thing again. Thanks to FB for coming to the rescue.

Kay L. Davies said...

Looks like fun, Corey, especially now that Carrie Nation set up a linky for you. Busy this morning, back later to try my hand with this motley crew of names you've gathered.
K

hedgewitch said...

This sounds like a prescription for the perfect Country & Western song, Corey. I make no promises about writing, though as I am a bit knackered and braindead on back meds--but will post if something comes along.

Ella said...

Clever Corey is in the house! I might use some bitters in my poem, house ;D

L. Edgar Otto said...

Since Heretomost has given us a wide range to post I will up the bar on that intoxicant of mine... poetry as about tragic loss of love (Bly) or the cosmos (Ferlinghetti) I call it Synjazz, jazz in Chicago meaning energy. I love the draft beer handle art when I play in the bars... but a good story might start... Down by the river we opened our 40's...I hope my rye humor does not leave Canada dry.

Debi Swim said...

Well, funny story-true. My former F-I-L is a doctor and teetotaler. When his son and I were first married we had a few people over and I had a little too much to drink. The next day I had a hangover of course and Doc came by. I told him I wasn't feeling well, a cold or something maybe... he decided I needed a penicillin shot and promptly gave me one. I still don't know if he was being doctorly or mean.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Ella - those are a great series of suggestions .. and I'm sure you'll have lots of creative toads out there ...

There must be a toady bottle? Have fun ... I have bought a bottle because it had an african elephant on it .. and I bought a Fog one - LA fog I think!!

Cheers and I do enjoy a glass occasionally ... Hilary

Margaret said...

Will be trying to put something together by Monday evening... my two college age kids are home for two days and well, want to spend as much time with them as possible. (Nice to be a whole family under one roof)..... Thanks, Corey, as your challenges are always SO creative!

Herotomost said...

Thanks toads....You always rock!

Fireblossom said...

You gave permission to "play in any way you wish", so this recovering gal wrote about coffee instead. I hope that's okay.

Coal

Gail said...

That was really fun! I got so excited I forgot to comment. Thanks for the fun.

Marty said...

I have to admit to buying wine based on the name. Thanks for a fun challenge.

Marian said...

i managed some nonsensical meanderings. yippee!