Friday, October 11, 2013

Fireblossom Friday : "Redemption"

Redeem: to make amends or atone; to restore oneself.

Hello dear pond folk! Fireblossom here with another Friday challenge for you. This time, I'd like us to ponder the idea of redemption, particularly as defined above. (Poems about redeeming coupons might be a trifle dull)

We have all failed. Sometimes some of us fail spectacularly, and yet it seems to be true that great success often stems from not being afraid of great failure. 

Tell us about a road back or a debt paid. Tell us about renewal and hope. 

Once, when I was struggling with something, a man said to me that the size of a wound is directly proportionate to the gift it holds. I didn't know what he meant until later. 

So tell us about redemption, yours, someone else's, or an imagined character's. Then link up your NEW POEM written specifically for this challenge, and let us come see what you've created. I look forward to visiting you all! 


13 comments:

L. Edgar Otto said...

I thought peggy may have left a poem for her prompt so I looked around, that and what Fireblossom proposed for Friday seemed to fit in. So I wrote this.

revelations said...

Oh wow this could be interesting ... a great challenge....

hedgewitch said...

An excellent challenge Shay. I will see if I can find some words for it.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Thanks for another challenging prompt, Shay. I just wanted to let you know that I will be away this weekend, visiting my college daughter for her birthday. My baby is turning 20 tomorrow *sniff* *sob*

Margaret said...

Wow... we only get 24 hours for this? I always panic though, even if I have 48 :) Hope I can come up with something worthy.

Hannah said...

Hi!!! Thank you. :)

Ella said...

Blogger sucks!

Thanks FB...I have an idea!

Have fun Kerry and I hope her special day is splendid!

Maude Lynn said...

I don't know . . . those coupons can get pretty exciting!

Susan said...

This was hard. I thought about it all day and maybe for most of my life. Though it seems simpler than that. I took a Master Class today in collage writing with author Michael Martone which may have something to do with it. Thank you for this prompt, Fireblossom.

Fireblossom said...

Just to repeat my sidebar message, I am currently under the weather. I apologize for my slowness, but I will get to all your posts as soon as I am up to it.

Gail said...

I used an old post that fit perfectly. I hope that's okay

Fireblossom said...

No it's not okay, as the instructions clearly state.

Lolamouse said...

Sorry you're under the weather, FB. Work's been kicking my ass, but I will try to make some time to read and comment this weekend!