Friday, June 13, 2014

Fireblossom Friday: The Art of Guido Vedovato

Hello, dear Toads and Pond followers. Last time, we had a look at "naive" painter Seraphine Louis, and it seemed to strike a chord with all of you. 


So I have decided to present another "naive" painter (and sculptor), the Italian artist Guido Vedovato




I love his paintings. They have a marvelous storybook quality. The lack of adherence to perspective gives them a trademark dream-like quality, and he likes to portray animals and birds, another point in his favor, in my opinion.

Take a look at these paintings by Guido Vedovato and see what poems you may feel inspired to write! Due to stringent copyright restrictions, we are not allowed to reproduce his artworks, however a link to a specific painting on his website would suffice to show the image you chose. Then link up so that others can come and see what his paintings inspired you to write.

Guido Vedovato
Wikipedia (Creative Commons)


I do ask that you write a NEW poem, not something from your archives. 

Have fun!

19 comments:

Jinksy said...

Inspirational paintings, indeed! Than you :-)

Unknown said...

I found a beautiful painting to inspire me... What a prompt firblossom... These paintings are so beautiful!!!!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Colors, full moons and owls? WoooHooo!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Such vibrant colours - the paintings exude life.

hedgewitch said...

The style is really entrancing Shay. Thank you for the introduction.

Just a note: Mr Vedovato's website lists all his work as copyrighted, with any use prohibited, therefore I will not reproduce the picture I drew my poem from, only provide a link. I am just paranoid that way.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Just a note - I went to Guido's website http://www.guido-vedovato.it/ where it clearly states that "Total or partial reproduction of this website and its contents are prohibited - All rights reserved
Guido Vedovato 2004-2014". I would caution against using his images. Perhaps where a poem is directly inspired by a particular painting, a link could be provided to that image instead.

hedgewitch said...

Here's a link the website: http://www.guido-vedovato.it/index.htm

Maude Lynn said...

Girl, you find the coolest stuff!

Helen said...

Prompt perfect for the Strawberry Moon ~ Friday the 13th! This is 'far out' art, I love his style!

Susan said...

Thank You, Thank you. And thank you for making the copyright clear. I linked to another site, which may or may not have permission, but which is all cats! I love cats like I love children--only one or a very few at a time.

Jinksy said...

Apologies to any Toads on Wordpress who insist on bloggers using G+ to comment. I refuse to join!

Susan said...

How did I miss the Leanne Rimes "Crazy" video with his illustrations the first time around! I am in LOVE!

Fireblossom said...

My apologies for any problems my lack of attention may have caused. I hope that you will all still enjoy this. If not, the fault is mine.

Hannah said...

Enjoyed thoroughly!! Thank you for bringing this artist to the garden for our muses to be amused and inspired by, FB!!

Lolamouse said...

So glad you introduced us to this artist! So many cats! I'm sure Catblossom is inspired! To me, they have a sort of Cheshire Cat-like quality-dreamy but a bit sinister! I'll work on this one over the weekend.

Outlawyer said...

Hey shay--very charming. I particularly liked the sculptures. K. (Manicddaily)

Jim said...

Shay, if I stick around here long I might get a little culture. I like Vedovato's work.
Your challenge was challenging, I was inspired but my 'poem' probably isn't.
..

Kay L. Davies said...

I hedged my bets by using the same two Wikipedia photos Shay used. I hope the copyright police don't come breaking down my door, because they might frighten my dog, and you know how I feel about my dog!
So...am I back? Will I stay? Or will the ill-health devils confuse my brain cells again? No one knows. Thanks to the Toads who keep in touch, though.
Luv, K

Fireblossom said...

Mine's up, if there's anyone still here to read it.