Thursday, October 5, 2017

Fireblossom Friday : I Put A Spell On You

Happy Halloween season, dear Pond dwellers and visitors. Fireblossom here with a spooky Fireblossom Friday for you. This will be my last FBF for 2017 as I will be taking a break from hosting. Gosh, what has come over me?

Painting by John William Waterhouse
Maybe somebody put a spell on me. Do you believe in that? Do you think incantations, objects, fire, pins and the like can alter actual events and, more to the point, people?  

There is all kinds of literature concerning people being influenced or even taken over by something outside of themselves. Gypsy curses. Love spells. Possessions. Altered states. 

Sometimes, a duplicate of a living person takes form, called a Doppelganger. The double does things the original person is unaware of, but others see. 

"I didn't know what I was doing." "I didn't know what my double was doing." (!) "I don't know what came over me." Maybe these are more than just common expressions. Maybe our wills are not always our own. What do you think? Let's write about it. 

Please write a NEW poem for this challenge. No haiku--haiku gives me the nervous shakes. Then link up so that we can come see what you--or someone who seems like you--has written. Bwahahaha.

16 comments:

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I chose to play along the theme of Doppelganger! *cough cough* I didn't know I had a dark side too❣️ Happy Thursday, everyone🍹

Kerry O'Connor said...

Today, it is Caliban's turn.

Anonymous said...

Rushing about like a crazy loon today and so Bervity is my friend.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I will try to write something later, or tomorrow. A dear friend passed away and I just learned of it, so need some time to absorb this information. But I dont want to miss a Fireblossom Friday, especially - sigh - the last one.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Fireblossom, I couldn't resist the charm. I'm not going to add my contribution to Mister Linky, since the wee poem is on my Facebook wall and not on my blog. But I will leave the link here (for anyone who is on FB and might want to take a look-see):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210839199361455&set=a.1017854612047.2002978.1395580659&type=3&theater

brudberg said...

Oh I love this... I need to consult with my dreams I think, but darkness brings my inner Mr Hyde from the shadows....

Vivian Zems said...

Hi Fireblossom, thanks for hosting. I've gone with a theme inspired by Björn's post. Looking forward to reading all others.

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks for the inspiration. It prompted me to start a new blog for some of my darker work. I need to vent! :)

Carrie Van Horn said...

I so wanted to do a haiku just to give you the nervous shakes, but I decided to be kind. LOL Thanks for another awesome prompt Shay!

purplepeninportland.com said...

Thanks for all your wonderful prompts. I will miss you here.

Angie said...

Thank you for hosting these Fridays for, for, forever? Hope you fill it in with just as much fun from your retirement stool, or precipice, or folding chair...whatever you find does it for you. I'm a little sad you're leaving, but wish you well.

Kim M. Russell said...

I'm going to miss Fireblossom Friday. This is a great exit post!

Buddah Moskowitz said...

For you, I actually tried this time. La la la a million times, Moskareena

Jazzbumpa said...

This brought out the weird in me.

Again.

Cheers!
JzB

Priscilla King said...

Sometimes I think my natural sister is my "shadow"--or tries to be--and, that said, now I can't publish any more on this topic...but thanks for prompting a lovely link-up!

UplayOnline said...

Rushing about like a crazy loon today and so Bervity is my friend.


เย็ดสาว