Saturday, October 21, 2017

Micro Poetry ~ Binding With Briars

Greetings to all! Today is the day we put the "mini' back into the Weekend Mini-Challenge, and return to the option of form poetry. The object of this challenge is to write a poem in no more than 12 lines... Yes, you read correctly, I am extending the length to 12 lines to include the possibility of writing 3 quatrains, a form which might have the flavour of an incomplete sonnet. However, the option remains for you to write in fewer than 12 lines all the way down to a single American sentence. If you wish to write in another form, that is an option too, as is free verse.




This weekend, our frame of reference is "Binding With Briars" - from the final line of the poem, The Garden of Love, by William Blake. I look forward to reading your work.


10 comments:

Kim M. Russell said...

This fits so beautifully with fairy tale poetry, on which I'm currently focusing. It also links back to my previous poem. I hope you are all having a relaxing weekend and look forward to reading prickly poems early tomorrow morning!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Kerry!💕 Sharing my poem "The Graveyard" hope you like it. Happy Weekend, everyone💕

brudberg said...

So fun to play around with rhymes again... :-)

tonispencer said...

I went rather dark on this one. I'm in a dark kind of mood. Great prompt.

Susie Clevenger said...

Great challenge!

Anonymous said...

Good prompt Kerry. Just submitted and I'll do the rounds shortly.

Anonymous said...

Managed 9 and wove the reference - this one not as easy as I imagined at first - and then made it more difficult by blending last and first line words - thank you Kerry

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Late as ever – but I enjoyed writing to this prompt.

Margaret said...

When in a bit of a writing slump I resort to my horse :) I will be back Monday morning to enjoy a cup of coffee and some poetry.

Margaret said...

I didn't see the final line beneath the image... about "binding with briars" until NOW .... so sorry!