Sunday, September 25, 2011

Things Salvador Dali Said

"Democratic societies are unfit for the publication of such thunderous revelations as I am in the habit of making."
Salvador Dali






"I have Dalinian thought: the one thing the world will never have enough of is the outrageous."




                        Soft Watch at Moment of First Explosion


"Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them."


                                 Galatea of the Spheres


"Surrealism is destructive, but it destroys only what it considers to be shackles limiting our vision."


                                          The Infinite Enigma


"Progressive art can assist people to learn not only about the objective forces at work in the society in which they live, but also about the intensely social character of their interior lives. Ultimately, it can propel people toward social emancipation."



             Gala Nude from Behind Looking in Invisible Mirror


"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."

6 comments:

Ostensible Truth said...

Dali is such a creative thinker for better and worse - a master of surrealism - love the quotes here - the hubris in the first ha - and then the astuteness and frankness of the others - perfection - mistakes - a truly great mind! nice post Kerry!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Ahh.. Thought you'd like some remarks on Surrealism, OT :)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I like the quote about the shackles limiting our vision!

Liz Rice-Sosne said...

I am discovering that you are truly an intellectual. I have grown to have a significant appreciation for the things that you share here at this blog. When I was younger, I really loved those who were a part of the Surreal movement, passionately. I like what OT said above ... "for better or worse. My sentiments precisely. Kerry thank you for sharing your creative mind with us.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Thanks for that, dear Raven. I appreciate your generous feedback, here on Real Toads.

Ella said...

I love this altered view! We all need to see with our third eye once in awhile ;D Well Done...
I love the line, "Have no fear of perfection-you'll never reach it"...oh, yeah this rings a few bells! Thanks Kerry!