Saturday, February 25, 2017

FASHION ME YOUR WORDS TO ~ FOLD


[clip art from google dot com]

I always claim February as my month, and become very self-centered. February 11th is my birthday, but i carry on and on in mode 'pest-y' until the month passes.

Writing in a 'hobby mode', is what i do. I stake no claim to the tag of professional, and as i channel my way through retirement tunnel, I love the friendships, this path has thrown across the ways. The flames of light bouncing shadows playfully to dance on the walls of unknown territory. The challenge of words, bending and stretching my mind keeping me young and vibrant in my sixties.

One such challenge stretched my bow to tension of form-creating. When i let my arrow fly. There it was THE FOLD: right on target. Yes toads; The Fold was created in response to an online challenge to create a form. Now years later down the road, it is documented as a writable, usable form.

Notes on poetry form
Poetic form can be defined in different ways, but it is essentially a type of poem defined by the poem's physical structure.
Additionally, it defines a specific style or set of rules that must be used for writing that form.


Your challenge today toads, is to Let your words dance with me in celebration. Forgetting all others, focus your gaze on The Fold and write using the form. You can write fiction fact or fantasy, staying true to the following guidelines:
1. 11 lines
2.The end phrase of Line one repeats at Lines 5 and 11
3.The rhyme of line 1 continues through in every other line
4. There must be a reference to nature and how it affect you the poet
5. More indepth instructions HERE
6. Fold origin HERE


MUD
mud is a tradition of the Carnival;
in the awakening jouvert, the misbehavers
start their misbehaving; to the arrival
of the sun, covered in red mud, yellow mud,
dirty mud creatures of the Carnival;
threatening clean people, who come to see
other people look dirty, at this, their revival
as the last carol and parang are sung,
the merry monarch wrests his survival
the sequins, the beads, the feathers come out,
to weave the fabric of the Carnival
MUD © gillena cox 2007


Remember, as you fashion your words; have fun.
Then link your poem to Mr Linky and read the poems of others listed.



16 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

I enjoyed your fold poem very much, Gillena. You infused the lines with some interesting internal rhymes which add to the richness of the end overall experience.

Gillena Cox said...

Thank you for your appreciation Kerry

Much love...

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This was a challenging form, Gillena ❤️ hope I got it right! Happy Sunday y'all❤️

brudberg said...

Always love myself a new form... I really liked your poem, and hope you enjoy the carnival...

Anonymous said...

What n interesting form this is...no celebration sadly from me as the muse took me elsewhere...I enjoyed this prompt greatly.

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for participating Sanaa, I left my comment about your poem at your post

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for participating Bjorn.
Oh about the carnival, I used to be a 'play mas' but stopped playing a long time now.
I am near to where some of the band pass, so I would sometimes go out and take photos


much love..

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for your appreciation Paul, I really like where your muse took you. I am humbled reading your share

much love...

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Gillena, I have edited the poem..❤️ thank you for guiding me..

Gillena Cox said...

Will visit to read, thanks for your appreciation and participating

Happy Sunday

Much love...

Marian said...

I adore this form, Gillena! Thank you so much for introducing us to it. Really like your poem, too. So inspiring!

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I never tried a Fold before but it was fun! Anything with rhyme in it. Lol! Thank you, Gillena that's pretty cool inventing a form!

I'll be around to read although I read a few just to get an idea. :^)

Hugs!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I really like the fold form and am glad to be reminded of it. It suited very well what was on my mind just now.

Gillena Cox said...

Marian thanks for participating, I left an 'editing comment' at your blog

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks Bekkie, glad you like the Fold; thanks for participating

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

I enjoyed your take on the prompt Rosemary, Thanks for participating

much love...