Thursday, February 9, 2017

Walls

Toads! Today in the Garden we are taking back WALLS.




Some days are diamonds
Some days are rocks
Some doors are open
Some roads are blocked

Sundowns are golden
Then fade away
But if I never do nothing
I'm coming back some day

'Cause you got a heart so big
It could crush this town
And I can't hold out forever
Even walls fall down

All around your island
There's a barricade
It keeps out the danger
Holds in the pain

Sometimes you're happy
And sometimes you cry
Half of me is ocean
Half of me is sky

But you got a heart so big
It could crush this town
And I can't hold out forever
Even walls fall down


Thank you, Mister Tom Petty. Toads, please watch, listen, write, and share a poem on the subject of WALLS. And enjoy!

10 comments:

Marian said...

Snow day here, yippee!

De Jackson said...

Loved this, Marian. Thank you! Happy writing to all.

Margaret said...

Thanks Marian!

Jim said...

Nice song. Timely topic. Thank you, Marian.
..

Kerry O'Connor said...

Half of me is ocean
Half of me is sky

I love these lyrics.. they never get old.

Angie said...

I could roll in Tom's wildflowers forever!! Cool music prompt...will get back to it soon

Gillena Cox said...

Luv the video, thanks for posting the words to the song

Enjoyed writing for this prompt

much love...

brudberg said...

Coming late to the party... but better late than never

Susie Clevenger said...

I'm late, but thanks so much for the inspiration Margaret.

Outlawyer said...

Super late, but thanks much, Marian.