Thursday, July 11, 2019

Bits of Inspiration ~ You Write the Color

Today I am making it simple. I'm providing the images for inspiration and you my dear poet friends will write the color. Choose one or more of the images and bring at least two colors into your poem. You have complete charge over poetic style. If you don't share the image in your post, please indicate which image/images you have chosen to poetically paint. All the photos other than my own came from pexels.com and are free to use as you wish (as are mine.)







So get out your poetic paint palettes and bring some color to these images, place your link in Mr. Linky, and visit your fellow poets to read the art of their words.


13 comments:

Kim M. Russell said...

I love the images you've chosen, Susie,
and it's been so hard to choose;
finally I have one, courtesy of my muse!

Lori said...

After looking at the images I ended up choosing the one that yelled at me. :)

Margaret said...

I had fun with this one! Thanks for an awesome prompt.

robkistner said...

Love the images Susie. Found the perfect one for inspiration. Thank you for a truly great prompt, encouraging freedom of expression - enabling the creation of art, and not directing the completion of an assignment! Bravo!

Margaret said...

Ha! I want to live on Flaming Lips Alley...

Susie Clevenger said...

@Kim Thank you! So Glad your muse found and image to run with.

@Lori, Love one of the images yelled at you! :)

@Margaret, so happy you had fun with the prompt. Oh, and Flaming Lips Alley is in Oklahoma City. lol

@Rob, Thank you. I wanted to provide a spark and leave the direction of the flame to the poet. :)

tonispencer said...

Great prompt Susie! Interest pics. Mine is...kinda sad.

Susie Clevenger said...

@toni Thank you so much for writing a much needed poem

Jim said...

Very nice picture choices for us. Running late, I caught the last. Running late but fast on 99 Outer Belt, speedo was in the 90's too.
Thank you, Susie. They all tempted me.
..

Kerry O'Connor said...

Such an inspirational prompt, Susie... I really want to try it! I have had such a rushed week back at work, but I shall definitely give my attention to it this weekend.

Linda Lee Lyberg said...

Hi Susie and all- Happy Friday! Susie, thank you for providing these marvelous photos. I chose the garden scene- you know gardens are dear to my heart! You have a great eye for composition!

Susie Clevenger said...

@Jim, Thank you ... I am always running late when it come to writing and reading

@Kerry, Thank You... I so understand...

@Linda, Thank You... I do love taking photos

Kerry O'Connor said...

Better late than never, Susie!