Tuesday, July 16, 2019

The Tuesday Platform: Tired!

This fucked up world by Cassie Kerns


You Too Got Tired

You too got tired of being an advertisement
for our world, so that angels could see: yes it's pretty, earth.
Relax. Take a rest from smiling. And without complaint
allow the sea-breeze to lift the corners of your mouth.

You won't object; your eyes too, like flying paper,
are flying. The fruit has fallen from the sycamore tree.
How do you say to love in the dialect of water?
In the language of earth, what part of speech are we?

Here is the street. What sense does it finally make:
any mound, a last wind. What prophet would sing . . . .
And at night, from out of my sleep, you begin to talk.
And how shall I answer you. And what shall I bring.

“You Too Got Tired.” The Selected Poetry of Yehuda Amichai, Univ. of California Press, 2013.

Good day, poets! I hope that you are all doing wonderfully well. Since the last time that I had hosted, I have moved to a new city and I am trying to measure the length of these days to verify if they are of the right fit. Sometimes, we have to make do with what we have and fit into certain molds, even if the end goal is to break free from them. It may sound morbid but the idea gives me comfort. Ha!

Let's move on from the silly rant. I have been reading Amichai lately and therefore, I thought of sharing this particular poem which I had to read many times before I could wear it and feel it on and through my skin. Please share your favourite Amichai titles in the comments.

This is Anmol (alias HA) and I welcome you all to The Tuesday Platform here at With Real Toads. As most of you would know, this is an open link platform, which means that you do not have to follow any particular theme or subject matter for your penmanship. Just pick any poem you would like to share with us and add its link in the widget down below. Once you have done that, do visit and cherish the words of other poets and share your words or comments on their posts. I look forward to reading all your word-wonders. That's a wrap!


11 comments:

Margaret said...

I will have to check Amichai's poetry out this week. Thanks for hosting.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Thank you so much for hosting us and welcome back, Anmol! 😊💞 I haven't read Amichai's poetry but will definitely check it out! Happy Tuesday!💞☕

Kerry O'Connor said...

Hi Anmol! Glad to have you back in the garden. I hope you are feeling at home in your new abode.

Margaret said...

Does anyone else have trouble commenting on Colleen's (looseleaf) posts. I'm not sure mine show up all the time.

Kim M. Russell said...

I hope you're settling in your new home, making new friends and finding your way around, Anmol. Thanks for hosting in the middle of it all. :)

Anmol (HA) said...

Glad to see you all here! It's so good to read and share our love for poetry.

@Sanaa Thanks! I am sure you would like his work.

@Kerry Always a pleasure to be writing and hosting at With Real Toads. I am settling in fine — it's still difficult to find some leisure time though.

@Margaret Ah, there must be some glitch. It worked out fine for me.

@Kim Thanks, Kim! I am definitely exploring little by little. Good to see you here.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

I can certainly relate to the theme of being tired.

robkistner said...

Anmol, you have in an apocalyptic frame of mind, so although I have shared this several times over the years — I am sharing it once more.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Thank you, Anmol, for this wonderful poem and poet. I love his style. The poem is a wonder. Hope your new place brings you lovely experiences.

Jim said...

"Sometimes, we have to make do with what we have and fit into certain molds, even if the end goal is to break free from them. It may sound morbid but the idea gives me comfort. Ha!"
I used your idea here for the theme of my Haibun which depicts s a section of my life. Working live time with the flight of Apollo 16 (and the other Apollos). Another chapter of that life, not in the Haibun, involved working/teaching Skylab astronauts. You could that in a search of "Jim's Little Blog."
..

Priscilla King said...

Link widget is working for me again. Huzza! Here's the latest topical song I've posted. Another one's coming up later this month...