Saturday, December 3, 2016

Flash 55 PLUS!

Greetings to all poets and friends.
It is time for the Flash 55 Challenge! The rules of this prompt have not changed: Write a piece of poetry or prose on a subject of your choice in precisely 55 WORDS.






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PLUS!

For the OPTIONAL EXTRA part of this challenge, I invite you to watch the short clip from the movie, Samsara, conceived and directed by Ron Fricke. This clip features performance artist, Olivier de Sagazan. Prepare yourself for something a little disturbing ...
Saṃsāra is a Sanskrit word that means "wandering" or "world", with the connotation of cyclic, circuitous change.

Feel free to post more than one 55-word piece to this prompt, which will remain first on the Home Page until Tuesday morning. Please return to enjoy the poetry of fellow poets.


8 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Now that's a video clip that won't leave my mind for a while.

brudberg said...

I watched the clip and i saw the scream appearing

Kerry O'Connor said...

It is an astounding performance!

hedgewitch said...

Whoa on the clip! I have sort of cheated for this one--but reading past 55 is totally optional.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Well I gave it my best shot! Thanks for the challenge Kerry ❤️

Isadora Gruye said...

Thanks for the prompt and video Kerry. I used both to put something on the page this week!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I seldom do the 'PLUS' bit, but this one captured my imagination – and also, for some reason, sent me into rhyming couplets, most uncharacteristic.

Angie said...

Did anyone think of fish? Fishing has been on my mind and wormed its way into my poem