Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Tuesday Platform

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden...

Not an owl on the bough after all;
But a patch of grey light forcing
Through fir. A light-bird.
A bird-light. Returning phantom.
Or poem to my shortening sight.
-John Fowles-

Greetings to all poets and friends! I recently caught up on my John Fowles reading, with The French Lieutenant's Woman, a superb example of post-modernism at its most existential. Fowles is little known as a poet, with many of his pieces published posthumously. Read more on Poetry Foundation.

Once again, the floor is open to those who wish to share a poem of their choice.

Enjoy!


6 comments:

brudberg said...

I love the poem... especially the turn around light-bird and bird-light...

Kim M. Russell said...

Thank you for sharing the John Fowles poem, Kerry! I didn't know that he wrote poetry and now I will be looking for more. It has certainly inspired me this misty, frosty morning, so much that I didn't notice my frozen toes! I'm off to fidn some warm socks and a hot drink!

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for the lovely owl sighting in the poem of Fowles;

Have a nice Tuesday

much love...

Justin Lamb said...

Cool.

Marian said...

Hi, friends. xo

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, I didn't know Fowles was a poet too! I'll have fun looking him up for more, ta.