Saturday, December 17, 2016

The Final Twilight ~ Micro Poetry

Greetings to all!
Today is the day we put the "mini' back into the Sunday Mini-Challenge, and return to the option of form poetry. The object of this challenge has been to write a poem in no more than 10 lines but since it is December, and Christmas is approaching, I am feeling generous and will extend the number of lines to 25. Choose your own form or write in free verse, if preferred.

A Wolf ~ Jorge Luis Borges
Poetry Foundation


This weekend, our frame of reference is 'The Final Twilight', quoted from Jorge Luis Borges. Follow this link to Poetry Foundation which offers insight into Borges' influence and where more of his work is available to read. I look forward to reading a number of short poems, from Saturday through to Monday. The link does not expire, so please feel free to write more than one poem, and a return to comment on poems linked later would be appreciated.


9 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Greetings!
I have posted my prompt a little early today since I am in the process of moving my daughters from one apartment to another this weekend and my time to read and respond will be limited tomorrow. I will, of course, be here when I am able to enjoy your poems. Please keep posting through to Monday.

brudberg said...

Fantastic to do something on Borges... and what a challenge too.. I will read a bit before bed and come back tomorrow.

hedgewitch said...

What an evocative prompt, Kerry. I am just not doing well with prompts of late, but I will brood and see. Regardless, enjoyed the Borges.

Outlawyer said...

Kerry--mine is not the least micro--but it came up after reading the wonderful Borges. thanks. k.

Outlawyer said...

Kerry--actually took down--sorry. Such a great Borges poem. Thanks.

Marian said...

Hi, friends... xoxo

Susie Clevenger said...

Great prompt!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I forgot to say thank you for this prompt, Kerry. I'm always looking for excuses to reread Borges. And you've given me one... Also, I just realized that I haven't read much of his poetry. So, yes, I'm completely psyched!

Margaret said...

Wow... stunning poetry but I tried to write something that followed this thread and I just couldn't do it justice. I will visit and read everyone else's though and maybe learn something and be able to come up with something later