Thursday, December 1, 2016

Out of Standard - Future/Tense


Gates of St. Louis Cemetery No.1 - Image copyrighted, Isadora Gruye Photography.

Greetings Garden Dwellers and welcome to the Out of Standard, where I set before you a challenge to defy the conventions of a particular theme and find new places in the everyday. 

On November 8th, the next President of the United States was selected by the electoral college. This choice has sparked uncertainty in many of us. And look, many of us have feelings about this. We are future/tense. Bringing me to today’s prompt theme:

Future/tense

That’s it. You get to interpret and write to this theme any way you choose. You don’t have to make this about politics, if you’re tuckered out on the topic. Or you can make it all about politics if post election anxiety has got a hold of your pen.

The platform is yours, the mic is warm.


So go now, my muddy buddies, and bring us back something shiny and new.



6 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Hi, Izy. This is such a great challenge. And I'm here looking for a way back into writing, so I shall be giving this some thought.

brudberg said...

Wow, what a great opportunity to pay some tribute to Leonard Cohen with this prompt... the future is my soundtrack now...

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Cheers for the prompt Isadora - you have ridden me of writers block. Started so many prompts, wrote a few lines and then my mind went numb. I was going to give up here too and then the light went on!
Kind regards
Anna :o]

Maude Lynn said...

I wrote mine about my most ever present future anxiety. Hope it fits!

Stacie Eirich said...

A prompt that is sure to evoke so many feelings! Bjorn, I like the idea to pay tribute to Cohen -- so sad a loss to both the music & writing world.

As for THAT guy...who inexplicably will become our next President...well, I can't even bear to mention his name -- but my feelings can't be kept quiet about what he supposedly intends to do to "Make USA great again":P

I'll chew on it a while before attempting to write! Look forward to reading.

Susie Clevenger said...

What a great challenge! I am late, but I made it!