Thursday, April 12, 2018

April 12 - Costa Rica Photos



Costa Rica is the home of my daughter's dear friend, Eva, who started out as a pen pal through a High School English class assignment about seven years ago.  My daughter traveled there last year and stayed with Eva's family and had the time of her life.  I asked Eva to send me photos of her beautiful country and she is thrilled to supply these for our poetry prompt for day 12 of NaPoWriMo 2018.  Her friend took them and we have permission to use them.

The poems can be about Costa Rica but do not have to be.  They are just a jumping off point.  You are invited to write more than one poem.  I prefer a new one, however, will allow a reworked poem - it being 30 poems in 30 days I'm willing to give everyone a little bit of a break.

You know the drill - link up and visit your fellow poets.
























10 comments:

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Margaret!💜 The moment I saw those scarlet macaws I fell head over heels in love! I wrote 2 poems for today's challenge. Day twelve! Phew!☕

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for gorgeous photos and an alluring prompt Margaret
Hi everyone!!!!

much love...

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes, the photos are wonderful. The macaws inspired me by reminding me vividly of another bird close to home, and a friend's facebook post was a serendipitous completion of the idea.

Ellecee said...

These photos are lovely, what a special place it must be. It will go on my bucket list - not much time left :-)
Thank you for the lovely prompt,Margaret, I will do my best,,,

Gillena Cox said...

When i click on Rosemary's link it is taking me back to the prompt at the imaginary garden for today not to her blog. Error Notice

Much🌼love

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Gillena; I fixed Rosemary's link!💞 It's working now ☕

tonispencer said...

Thank you for the lovely prompt Margaret! Truly a beautiful place.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hi kids, am heading to the farm for a few days. But I will have my tablet with me , so will keep up as best I can. I didnt write to the prompt today but did (tehcnically) write a (sort of) poem, as am heading out the door. We had a sad event in Canada on Friday - the country is still reeling. I wrote to acknowledge that.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Thanks for fixing my link, Sanaa! Apologies for the mistake.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Rosemary; You're most welcome!💞☕