Monday, April 16, 2018

It's All Fun and Games

We are just past the half-way point for NaPoWriMo! I figured after all the serious writing that's been going on, it was only fair to include a little play. For today's prompt, I'd like you to write a poem that incorporates the idea of a child's game - board game or a physical game (tag, hide and seek, etc.). I've included a video of some commercials for board games if you need any extra inspiration.




As always, this should be a new poem, created especially for this prompt. Once you are done playing around with your piece, follow the links to check out what your fellow Toads have created.



11 comments:

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Rommy!!💜 It brought back a treasure trove of memories. Day 16! Phew!☕

Margaret said...

Ditto as to what Sanaa said.

Anonymous said...

Great prompt Rommy. I'm out all day today so will catch up with reading tonight.(I'll catch the morning poems now)

Vivian Zems said...

What a fun prompt, Rommy! Enjoying myself here :)

Gillena Cox said...

Luv this prompt, think i'll reminisce a little

Happy Monday every one

much love...

brudberg said...

Spring meant playing with marbles for me... I learned my Sun Tze at the schoolyard

tonispencer said...

I was an only child in a neighborhood with no children and living in a hous of adults. But I still managed to play and have fun. Thanks for this fun prompt.

Rommy said...

Thanks to all of you for playing along today!

Fireblossom said...

It was Mr. Green in the Conservatory. (Pardon my lateness, it was due to circumstances blah blah...)

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Very late. Still catching up after spending hours on the phone to Apple yesterday fixing my computer problems.

Rommy said...

@ Sanaa & Margaret - I'm glad it brought back happy memories.
@ Paul - No worries. NaNoWriMo can get so hectic.
@ Vivian - I'm glad you enjoyed the prompt.
@ Gillena - Reminisce away!
@ Bjorn - I giggled at the equating of marbles with war, but I suppose the players took it as seriously as one with their prized marbles on the line in every battle.
@ Toni - It's a good thing children are so adept with coming up with their own fun when needed.
@ Shay - Tell Mr. Green to go polish his candlestick. You have poems to write.
@ Rosemary - Ugh. Computer problems are the worst. Glad it got resolved and you got to play along anyway.