Sunday, April 8, 2018

Poems In April - A L' Arora

Source
Greetings to all poets, wayfarers and friends. I am spicing things up a little this Sunday by introducing a form which I came across a few days ago. 

The A L' Arora, a form created by Laura Lamarca consists of eight lined stanzas. The rhyme scheme is a, b, c, d, e, f, g, f with no syllable count per line and the minimum length for the poem is 4 stanzas with no maximum length stipulation. You can also opt to write one or two stanzas in case you find the length a bit overwhelming.

The thing which I love most about this form is that we don't need to focus all our energy on rhyming and can come forth with a poem naturally.

Here is an example poem:

To Eternity

She had harbored her conscience
as saddened seas set sail
and a hail of happiness
harpooned her harmed heart;
yet the start of her story
cast its line long ago...

when blame built a boat
to float to and fro.

She had waded through waters
towards distant dreams,
as sky's streams shone strong
for promise to grow,
and tide told of legends,
of pirates and gold...

of adventures and romance
and treasures to behold.  read full poem here

So what do you say? Feeling up to the challenge?  The link doesn't expire, so please feel free to write more than one poem. Please do visit others and remember to comment on their poems. Have fun!

22 comments:

tonispencer said...

Thanks for the excellent prompt! Like a Japanese gogyoshi but with eight lines instead of five. I'll start thinking on it.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Toni; Yayy!💞 I am so pleased you like it. Looking forward to your entry!💞

Kim M. Russell said...

A nice prompt for a rainy Sunday morning, Sanaa!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Kim; Thank you!💞 It's raining here too!☕

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ack! This sounds like a lot of lines. Will have to ponder .......

Kerry O'Connor said...

Four stanzas may be a bit too much for me today, Sanaa, but I'd like to try the form, for maybe one or two.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Sherry and Kerry; I understand. We can limit the form to one or two stanzas 💞

Anonymous said...

Scratched my bonce for a while and then the muse came a dancin. Great prompt. Traveling North to Scotland today so will catch up with reading tonight.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Paul; Cool! 💞 Heading over to read you☕

Vivian Zems said...

I love this Sanaa! I enjoy the freedom it gives. Happy Sunday, everyone!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Vivian; Thank you so much!😍 Heading over to read you. Happy Sunday!💞

Marian said...

Hi Sanaa! This form looks so lovely... I hope I can respond. And I also hope Blogger accepts this comment. :)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Marian; I am so pleased you like it!💞 Happy Sunday!☕ xo

Jenna said...

This seems like a gorgeous form! I look forward to trying it later today or tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

thanks for hosting today Sanna. "fussy forms" - not my thing, but I did say, yes, try it at least once, just for the random sampling of a new taste - so thanks for the introduction to something new gracing my plate

have a great week ahead

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Jenna; I m so pleased you like it💞

@Willow; Thank you for joining us!💞

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Always fun to try a new form!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Rosemary; You totally rocked the prompt!💞😍

Margaret said...

I have no idea how to comment on Helen Patrice's blog,

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Margaret; Me neither! 😶

Gillena Cox said...

very VERY LATE CATCHING UP AND BACK LINKING

much love...

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Gillena; Thank you soo much!!😍😍😍