Monday, April 2, 2018

April SECOND

Second Sight?

To those writing a poem every day this month- congratulations! You made it through Day 1 and here you 
are--already up for seconds!

And ''second," in any of its forms, is your prompt for today.  To name a few: second helpings, second chances, coming in second, seconding a motion, second sight, a second set, second in line, second child, second growth, second to none, only a second, seconds to go.....  (Of which there are approximately 2,505,600 left in this month.) 


Second growth? 


Seconds have many permutations.  Land on one and write a poem about.  

Second to none? 

Second in line?  (Probably not duelling second.)


Remember the prompt is a jumping off place only. You do not actually have to make your poem about the variations of seconds--use what comes up. And good luck! 

PS - all the pics in this prompt are recent charcoal drawings of mine - Manicddaily, Karin Gustafson.  You are very free to use any, but please do give proper attribution.  Thanks!  




20 comments:

Kim M. Russell said...

Thanks for the prompt and the drawings, Karin! My poem is a short one this morning.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Karin!💜 I can't believe it's day two already! Woo hoo🍹

Kerry O'Connor said...

Day Two has dawned... Always lovely to peruse your sketches, Karin. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Cool prompt which I wrote for through a sleep deprived state....Apologies for not reading and commenting yesterday...we had one of those days here...I'll catch up with all of you next few days.

Marian said...

I'm happy to be 2 for 2, more than I've written in a while.
Karin, I love seeing you and your sketches. Love.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

My day one poem was actually about both first and second, so I had to dream up something new for this one. It got very prosy until I took a lot of stuff out, which means it's not very explicit ...

Fireblossom said...

Whee! I am still with Nanoo Neener into the second day!

Jim said...

Second-hand Sally is passe. Hardly remember her let alone the words. These too shall pass.
..

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for Day 2 Karin

much love...

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Some great reading this morning, kids. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

took more than a second but enjoyed the prod

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Karin, and hello again to all. I invented a second person to do all the tasks I don't want to do. That should help!

tonispencer said...

I'm not doing Nanoo Neener as I write every day anyway and don't need a month to grant me special dispensation to do so. But I like this prompt very much and it is always good to see Karin's sketches. #NOT Nanoo Neener

Vivian Zems said...

Thanks for this prompt,Karin! I'm a little late...but all the more to catch up!

Ellecee said...

I love your sketches and admire your talent :-)

I made a mistake and posted the wrong date - so - I posted again. Oh dear ,,

I'm enjoying all of the daily poetry very much,,

Outlawyer said...

Am sorry to be late but will make the rounds tomorrow. Best of luck to all! K.

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks for the inspiration Karin!

Outlawyer said...

Thank you, Susie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Karin for the wonderful prompt - and showcasing some more of your wonderful sketches! They are so evocative - love the boldness and style!

Outlawyer said...

Thanks all. Note that I had a lot of trouble commenting on blogspot blogs; I did try to go back to all the ones that I had visited where the comments didnt take, but if I missed you, let me know. k.