Saturday, August 24, 2019

Play It Again! with 'Old Toads'

For this weekend's prompt, I wish to pay tribute to former members of The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads. Since July 2010, many talented poets have joined our core group and left their mark before leaping off their lily pad for different ponds. Please enjoy this retrospective look at the ideas that inspired us all to think about poetry in new and exciting ways!

Imaginary Garden with Real Toads
Original Banner (2010)


A Word With Laurie, September 9, 2011

Herotomost's Challenge, July 10. 2014

Ella's Edge, September 28, 2011

Fireblossom Friday, February 28, 2014

Hedgewitch's Challenge, April 10, 2014

Get Listed! with Grapeling, May 7, 2015

Transforming Nature's Wonders with Hannah Gosselin, July 21, 2016

Sunday Mini Challenge with Brendan, April 29, 2017

Sunday Mini Challenge with Karin Gustafson, January 16, 2016

Sunday Mini Challenge with Kim Nelson, June 29, 2013

Mary's Mixed Bag, November 30, 2012

Susan Says, March 20, 2013

Fashion Me Your Words to Fold with Gillena Cox, February 25, 2017

Words Count with Mama Zen, September 10, 2015

Step Into the Void with Toni Spencer, September 6, 2018


Select one of these amazing challenges and write a new poem. This prompt is a the top of the home page until Tuesday, so please return to read more of the works linked up or to choose another prompt and write again!



18 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

I apologize for this prompt being a trifle late to air.. I seem to have set it for 12.30 by mistake.
Please take time to review these inspirational challenges, and choose one, or two, that you would like to write to.
Real Toads is a honeycomb of archived gold!

Kerry O'Connor said...

And... It's okay to mix them up. Please add a note so that we know which prompt you chose. happy writing.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Kerry!💖 I chose to combine two prompts i.e. Guest appearance by Kenia Santos and Sunday Mini-Challenge - Love after Love by Kim Nelson.😊

Kerry O'Connor said...

Great! Thanks for leading the way, Sanaa.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Thank you, Kerry. You are correct--the archive is a gift that keeps on prompting. I didn't have the easiest of times choosing one, and after I did (and wrote a poem for it), I ended up posting a different one. I suspect I will continue to use this list (and share them on Instagram).

For today, I chose Kim Nelson's prompt because I really liked the title.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Yes, I love Kim's title too.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

What a wonderful fount of inspiration. I shall return! Thanks, Kerry.

Fireblossom said...

This is such a cool thing to do, said the former Toad! ;-) It will be difficult to choose.

brudberg said...

It is late here... so I wrote a short one for the Hedge's old prompt. Odilon Redon is one of my favorite artist to use for artwork in my poetry, but I still found a picture that I hadn't used

Jim said...

Nice challenge 'Oldie' list to choose from, Kerry. I chose "Sunday Mini Challenge with Karin Gustafson, January 16, 2016."
I had previously used it for my 'dealing with tall ladies' poem which some of you may have read.
..

tonispencer said...

I love the poem in Kim Nelson's prompt. Good idea to recycle prompts . Thank you for using one of mine. 😊

Margaret said...

This whole Garden is a wealth of inspiration... all these wonderful years. I am sad, though, when I see a poet's blog has been deleted. I like reading the old poems as well..

Margaret said...

I'll be back on Sunday to visit and comment here. I also have I also have last weekends challenge to finish up visiting and commenting. I also hope to get to Kenia Santos's challenge for the Tuesday Platform.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I am thrilled to see how many have enjoyed this weekend prompt.. I have so many ideas myself, which I am now trying to sort through. Definitely more than one poem on the cards.

Pratibha said...

I do not why but Linky is not working for me.

http://pratibhawrites.com/2019/08/waves/

Linda Lee Lyberg said...

Hi Kerry and all- What a marvelous prompt. It will be hard to choose! It is indeed a treasure trove.

Susie Clevenger said...

This was a walk down memory lane with so many choices. Thanks Kerry!

rallentanda said...

Love Kim Nelson's prompt...a little late but could not resist.