Friday, February 8, 2013

Mary's Mixed Bag - Love (Not!)

Greetings, Toads and Friends.  Time for another Mary's Mixed Bag. 

I always try to come up with sometime just a little bit different each month.Valentines Day is right around the corner, so this got me thinking. Not here yet, so I don't want you to think about writing a REAL love poem; but what I would like you to do is to write a 'love poem' to / about something that you don't love in the least. In actuality, something you detest:

Perhaps spiders.
Wikimedia Commons
Or dentists.



Wikimedia Commons
Or garlic.




Wikimedia Commons
Or winter. Or people who gossip.   Or robo calls.  Or backseat drivers. Or reality TV.

Anyway, I am sure you get the idea!  I hope you will look upon this as an opportunity to have a bit of perhaps 'tongue-in-cheek' fun as you share the love!

Link below, and visit as many others who link as you can!  Enjoy!


18 comments:

The Mukhtiars said...

good

Laurie Kolp said...

This is great, Mary. I'll be back in a little while.

Ella said...

Oh my...which one do I pick?! ;D

Marian said...

hmmmm. *wheels turning*

Mary said...

I will be interested in seeing what everyone comes up with!!

Laurie Kolp said...

I hope this is what you had in mind. Thanks.

LLM Calling said...

fabulous prompt, I've gone with a haiku form today

GoddessChhavi said...

What's wrong with garlic? I love garlic!

Susan said...

I do have a sense of humor, but I don't think I truly brought that out today. This prompt drew out a list that was actually shorter than I expected, though. Nice to know. Thanks for the prompt, Mary, and for your ever welcome visits.

Mary said...

Mine was weather inspired!

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks Mary, I had fun with this one!

Margaret said...

Would have loved to participate, but we have another full day of reading the house. It will be available to show on Sunday. UGH. The closer I approach my deadline, the faster I am pitching and giving away ;P

Sherry Blue Sky said...

It was a busy day, kids, so didnt have much time to work on this. I loved all of your responses though!

GoddessChhavi said...

Finally I can share this with you :) been waiting since school time.

T.A. Woods said...

This was fun to do!

Sharp Little Pencil said...

Mary, I visited this particular dislike once before... but somehow cannot write enough about it! The Valentine is a very clever approach, thanks!! Amy

Hannah said...

Thank you, Mary for the challenge and apologies to all Toads if I don't make reading rounds right away...life...3D style...happens.

Sara McNulty said...

I'm late, but love this one. If you are interested, I can be found at: http://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com