Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Get Listed!

Good morning, dear Toadly Ones. Fireblossom here. Kerry asked me to stick my nose in provide this month's Word List, and so here I am with words a-plenty.

The words in today's list are taken from one of my favorite stories by Edgar Allan Poe, called "The System Of Doctor Tarr And Professor Fether", in which the inmates seem to be running the asylum. Lovely!

Without further ado, here is your list, with particulars and rules and so forth afterward.

credential

lunacy

vulgarly

frenzy

amusements

gossip

oddity

lavish

lady

natural

cadaverous

degree

irrational

crow

gibbering

whisper

system

soothing

devilish

madmen

glasses

catastrophe

feathers


There you have it! 23 words, one from each page of the story in the volume I have in my hands. Now then, the rules: please use at least five of the words listed. You may, of course, use more than that, or even all of them. Write us a NEW poem especially written for this Get Listed challenge; no old posts dug out of their graves and sat up in the parlor as if they were lively and fresh. That would be macabre! Then sign the linky and let us come read what you have created. 

Oh, and, since I'm running this nuthouse today....NO HAIKU! :-)

11 comments:

Fireblossom said...

WAKE up, Toads, rise and shine! I am already up and peppy! My poem is already finished and linked! Who would like to smack me first? :-)

Marian said...

no smacking, but good morning, Shay!

hedgewitch said...

I am up with my tale of mystery and crazed imagination. Thanks for this sip of Poe's elixir, Shay. which set me off into the realms of madness and lavish alliteration.

My monitor is still not fully functional, but I will be around later to read everyone's efforts through a glass darkly, which seems quite appropriate.

Margaret said...

Another example of a poem that would NEVER have been written if not for a Toad prompt. I am SO glad I chose to photograph the chestnuts this past weekend!

Kay L. Davies said...

This was great fun, Shay. I'm sure I work better from someone else's list than I do from my own head. As that brings the usefulness of my own head into question, I think I'll leave it there.
Luv, K

Grandmother Mary said...

Great word choices, Shay, and an amazing poem. You're a tough act to follow.

Sumana Roy said...


Thanks for the prompt...had some funtime :)

Maude Lynn said...

Awesome word list, lady! I finally made it!

Helen said...

No haiku? How do you do? I composed a witchy-womany thing!

Anonymous said...

Late in, my apologies. Grimm for the holidays, a bit ~

Fireblossom said...

All of you late birds are more than welcome, but it may take me a few days to make it to every entry. Thanks for participating!