Friday, December 27, 2013

Transforming Friday with Nature's Wonders

Hello Toads! 

Hannah here with the Bamboo Forest in Japan to inspire your muses. 

Arashiyama, where the bamboo forest is located is a pleasant, touristy district in the western outskirts of Kyoto. The area has been a popular destination since the Heian Period (794-1185), when nobles would enjoy its natural setting. Arashiyama is particularly popular during the cherry blossom and fall color seasons.






















The walking paths that cut through the bamboo groves make for a nice walk or bicycle ride. The groves are particularly attractive when there is a light wind and the tall bamboo stalks sway gently back and forth. The bamboo has been used to manufacture various products, such as baskets, cups, boxes and mats at local workshops for centuries.

Please write new poems for this challenge and stroll through the forests of your blogging friends as well. 

Thank you for writing!

(All pictures via Photobucket)







17 comments:

Vandana Sharma said...

amazing!

Kerry O'Connor said...

I can imagine nothing more peaceful than a walk through bamboo forests.

Grace said...

What stunning pictures & video ~ I will be back Hannah, thanks ~

Anonymous said...

As I read the challenge I heard the wind through the bamboo forest and it reminded me of a moment from earlier in the week, amid a different yet similar congregation of trees.

brudberg said...

Beautiful... reminds me of the laurel forests of Madeira a little....

Anonymous said...

there's a cool bamboo forest on Maui, on the flanks of Haleakela - worth the drive (and buy the extra car renter's coverage). Cool prompt, Hannah ~

Abigail Davidson said...

So relaxing and beautiful!

Fireblossom said...

Brendan's link does not work for me. :-(

Anonymous said...

FB, Brendan had it linked earlier. It was more oak and less bamboo, but finely written nonetheless. Hopefully he re-links it? Brendan, you out there? ~

Hannah said...

Thank you all for rustling some words together for this...forgive my absence today I was lucky enough to have Santa visit me with an awful stomach bug on Christmas day an hour before serving dinner to my family,(no less...ugh), I've been quite zombie-ish for the last two days...mamas don't get rest. :/

Any way, not complainin' just explainin' ;) I'll be around to read you all and I'm happy to have a distraction.

Thank you, to each of you.

Yes, I think that would be the most peaceful place, too, Kerry.

I hope you'll link back up Brendan...I don't mind if your whooshing trees aren't of the bamboo type.

Warm :)'s to all!

Margaret said...

OK… I will be doing a lot of catching up next week, so I may not post NOW, but I will really try later - still have a full house and kids and their friends… sigh. But it is fun! :) Thanks for hosting - I DO so appreciate these challenges.

Sumana Roy said...

ah the tallest grass.........can't even go on living peacefully for us the humans....

Susie Clevenger said...

So beautiful Hannah. Thanks for sharing this for our inspiration. I am hearing the bamboo wind chime on my porch as I write.

Marian said...

nice, Hannah. thank you!

Hannah said...

Thank you to each one of you who've taken the time to write and visit other writers for this challenge. I really appreciate the time and energy that you've put forth. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah, Kerry--I am posting to this very late with a poem that I have actually worked on a great deal but still isn't really right (as well as belated!) Oh well.

It's been something quite interesting for me to think about at any rate. K.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hannah, I dont know how I missed this, other than the fact I was traveling and returned home exhausted. I may give this a go tomorrow as badly need some inspiration and your transforming Fridays always do that for me.......plus I love bamboo!!!!