Monday, December 29, 2014

Open Link Monday ~ The Grand Finale

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden...

Photographer: Kenji Shibata on Bored Panda

Greetings to all poets and friends on the last Open Link Monday of 2014, and the last presentation of our open forum for sharing poetry in this weekly slot. As of the new year, our Open Link will become The Tuesday Platform, alternately hosted by Marian Kent and Kerry O'Connor. Please remember to visit us on Tuesday, January 6.  


Kenji Shibata
(As above)

This is one of several changes to our line-up in 2015. The Wednesday and Friday Challenges will give way to a once weekly challenge, which will be posted at 12 noon on Thursdays for Friday. This will afford us all extra time for preparation, and allow two days for posting and feedback. This does not mean that any of your favourite hosts or prompts have been lost; they will simply appear at longer intervals, with an 11 week turn-around. For a sneak peek at the line-up January - March, please visit the "New Schedule 2015" Tab at the top of the Home page. The weekend Mini-Challenge will remain unchanged.


Kenji Shibata
(As Above)

The final week of the year brings, for me, a sense of relief, as well as anticipation. It is a good time for retrospection, but also forward planning. With that in mind, please select a poem of your own choice to share with us today.

I take this opportunity to thank all contributors and participants who have made the Imaginary Garden their own. It is indeed a great privilege to read and interact with the high calibre of writers, poets and people who share their gifts so freely.

17 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Love the images. The end of 2014 finds me between relief and anxiety; there were many good things, but some could have been better. I'm hoping for a healthier 2015!

Jim said...

Nice pictures for this last week. Kerry, you guys work hard on this, I appreciate your updating the little garden.
..

Susie Clevenger said...

Gorgeous photo art. I am glad to close the door on this year. Looking forward to a better, brighter 2015.

Anonymous said...

You're eliminating the open link day? Most of my stuff takes a week to percolate, just won't fit challenges. O well. Maybe I'll start one up. Happy New Year and all the best to all the Toads. Thanks, too, Kerry, for your hard work making poetry real.

brudberg said...

Ah.. end of year has brought stunning winter landscapes.. and the ices are strong enough for skating. I will get back to reading when I get back home.

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerry O'Connor said...

Brendan, The Open Link Day is moving to Tuesdays. It is not a challenge, but a platform for any poem you care to share.

Susan said...

Beautiful post with pics and plans for next year. 2014 was a vibrant year here in poetry, and 2015 will be even better. Thank you all for staying open and gracing our lives.

Unknown said...

I chose this poem for Monday's Link at the request of Kenia. She was surprised at how good it was, and it didn't really get much exposure. I hope you all like it, and I will surely enjoy reading all of yours. Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

Marian said...

hello, everyone! such a busy time of year... i am on a mini-vacation for the holidays and the kids keep me hopping. i too am looking forward to 2015 as this year has been, well, challenging for sure.
special thanks to Kerry for freshening up our garden. i'm super-thrilled and expect a bit more creativity this year. speaking for myself, anyway. :)
i haven't written much since the frenzy of 30 in November, and don't really think i'm going to have anything new today, either. so i'm sharing my little holiday poem which a few of you have already read. thank you. xoxoxoxo to all of you!

Margaret said...

Looking forward to the new lineup! I posted my poem from Play it Again as I posted late and the participants were few (which I expected with it being Christmas and all.

Margaret said...

and these photos are gorgeous!

Gail said...

The photos are wonderful.

Thank you for all the prompts and fun this year. Look forward to more.

Happy New Year.

Sweeper of Dreams said...

What an apt reflection for this grand finale. Thanks for the head's up about the changes - I'm looking forward to them. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerry--thanks so much. I'm posting a rather silly poem. k.

Ella said...

This is a beautiful post~ I am looking forward to a fresh start~ I love the photos and your view!

Anonymous said...

Kerry--I am taking the liberty of also posting a serious poem--I hope okay--that I wrote a couple of weeks ago and have been meaning to post. (Please feel free to delete if not okay.) Thanks. k.