Monday, December 1, 2014

Open Link Monday

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden!

Frost Flowers in Finland (read more HERE)
Friends, I don’t know about you, but cold weather and paucity of light turns me inward, reflective. And that makes the words flow even while the sap freezes. I just finished up writing 30 Poems in November (a fundraiser for a wonderful local nonprofit), and it feels like a tremendous achievement this year, as it was a hard year for me. My focus for much of 2014 was elsewhere, of necessity; now, I’m getting back to me. Which is a great feeling. Even if I feel like I may never be warm again.

Not all of us are in a deep freeze now, but we are all creatures of nature and the seasons, right? We observe, we document. That is our job as writers. Please today, dear writers, share a poem with us so that whether we are experiencing a cold snap or the wet season, we might feel nourished as we start this first week of December. And seek your own sustenance in the words of our fellow writers by making the rounds to read and reflect.

9 comments:

Jim said...

Good Morning, Marian and Toads and Toad 'Groupies' like me.
Marian, I feel for you with all that pressure, very stressing I am sure.

We will do a little of that as our SIL, the former Londoner along with our daughter and grand-daughters, is back in the U.S. and has a JOB! So we will be doing some duties in December with the little one, a brilliant kindergartner, KP.
..

Magaly Guerrero said...

New York City is a bit cold at the moment. The cold and I have never gotten along too well, so I'm hibernating as much as I can.

Happy Monday.

Anonymous said...

Back to work after a week off, just when the creativity started to flow. Haven't written three poems in one week for a long time. Still looking forward to some great reading from everyone. :)

Anonymous said...

Winter and I have a love/hate relationship. Sometimes, she is so beautiful, yet she can be so cruel.

Kerry O'Connor said...

My wifi is up and running. yay!

Here's a double triquain especially for you, Marian.

Work starts tomorrow.

brudberg said...

Hi there every one.. I link a haibun today... it's been a while since I wrote one. Lunch break over I will get back lager to comment.

Grandmother Mary said...

Weather here is front and center, Marian, so thanks for the prompt.

Margaret said...

Wow…. what a busy week I had. I'm not complaining, as this week looks busy too with a theatre tech week and gearing up for a play this weekend that my daughter is in. But, the big meal is over and things are a bit back to normal.

I will comment and visit a bit later this evening - once the kids are in bed.

Anonymous said...

in late . looking forward to reading ~