Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Bits Of Inspiration ~ Queen Of The Night

Kadupul Flower

Today we are going to think about blooming. I have chosen the queen of the night as inspiration for your poetry. The Epiphyllum oxypetalum is a cactus that blooms at night and by dawn the bloom is gone. The blossom is 6'' to 8" inches in width and has a distinct scent.



For this challenge I want you to write about those precious moments of blooming. It could be a flower, an experience, a person. My only requirement is that it occurs in the night hours.

As always create a new poem; place it on Mr. Linky; and visit your fellow poets to read their work.


14 comments:

Grace said...

I am slowly coming out from my study break ~ Just a short one from me, Susie~ Thanks for the lovely challenge ~

Kerry O'Connor said...

Such a gorgeous prompt, Susie! I only wish I could give it my full attention but it is definitely one (of many) I want to come back to when I am finally on my vacation time.

Ella said...

This is stunning and so romantic and magical! Thank you, Susie!

Justin Lamb said...

Cool prompt. That flower is very interesting.

Justin Lamb said...

I meant cactus. :)

Susie Clevenger said...

@Grace, thank you
@Kerry, hopefully you can write something for it when you get the time. I so understand busy.
@Ella, thank you
@Justin, thanks so much

Herotomost said...

Cool prompt....love those pics.

Ellecee said...

I enjoyed this prompt very much, all things romantic came to mind, especially after listening and watching the video. Thank you so much for the inspiration you have given us.

Hannah said...

Thank you, Susie! I'll be around to read tomorrow poets! :)

Susan said...

A tiny little ditty lept out of me for this prompt. I'm nodding off now, so I'll read here tomorrow.

Magaly Guerrero said...

My entry might not been seen as particularly "precious," but it is based on one of two genres (Gothic Literature and Magical Realism) that blossomed my love for dark fiction.

Jennifer Wagner said...

What a striking bloom. Thanks for the inspiration, Susie. :)

Margaret said...

I am fascinated by this flower - but for whatever reason I had no creative juices flowing. Will try and come back to it.

Lolamouse said...

Late as usual! I loved this prompt!